Chapter 14 Heartbreak of the worst kind

Jasper point of view

It's been a week since Bella ran out of the penthouse crying her eyes out. I can't get the pain of her scream out of my head and the look in her eyes haunts me day and night. I can't sleep, I can't eat. I keep replaying it over and over in my head.

Bella ran out and David the security guard turned on Sasha and said "get the hell out of here I need to talk to Jasper!" Sasha looked at me as if to say is that what you want? I pointed to the elevator. I didn't want anybody else in the room. As soon as the elevator door closed and the lights indicated the lift was heading to the lobby David turned and tore strips off of me. I have never seen him so angry, we have known each other for a very long time and never has he spoken to me in such a way. Clearly there was something going on which I had no knowledge of so I let him have his say.

Once his tirade had finished I explained that what he thought he had seen happening wasn't what it seemed. I hadn't invited Sasha here she came by her own accord. I hadn't even known she was in the penthouse until I sat on the lounge chair. She appeared out of nowhere and draped herself on my lap. I was shocked because I had no idea how or who had let her in. I'm guessing she had lifted the security code from the files at work before she left. Anyway she turns up and throws herself at me. Telling me that she is twice the woman that Bella could ever be and if I just gave her a chance she would show me. It took all my self control not to yell at her I was disgusted at how she had cheapened herself and me by pulling such a prank. I was in the middle of telling her politely to get the hell out when I heard Bella scream.

I am not happy that two people that I love and trust could so easily believe that I was capable of such treachery. I would never cheat of Bella. I am totally in love with her. The weekend we just spent together made it impossible to even think of being with another woman. Bella is the only thought I hold. In fact I was thinking of her when Sasha sashayed into the room obviously wearing nothing but an over coat and sexy underwear. She looked cheap, she smelt cheap and she acted cheap. I was in the middle of telling Sasha to leave when we heard someone enter the penthouse. Sasha saw an opportunity and took it. Straddling me just as Bella opened the lounge door. Bella screamed and my heart tore in two.

Things happened so quickly but I didn't miss the bruising on her cheek and the cut on her forehead. "What the hell happened to her?" I stand up and Sasha slides to the floor. I am so focused on Bella that I had totally forgotten Sasha. I look down at her promising "I will deal with you later." Sasha swallowed hard.

I run as quickly as I can but not quick enough. My last memory of her face is her looking back with tears streaming down her face. I try to follow her but David stops me.

"Leave her be. She doesn't need this crap. She has had a hell of a night. Now this. Just let her go Jasper."

I am so angry turning to the old man "What the hell David what happened to her?"

A half undressed Sasha skulks past us to the elevator. I

"David when we are finished here would you please update the access code? "Oh and Sasha if you ever turn up here or anywhere that I am uninvited please be assured I will call the police. In fact I may even call them now and let them know about your actions tonight."Sasha blanches at this statement she doesn't look half as confident now.

"No please don't do that. I won't be able to get work with a record."

"Ok I won't as long as you promise never to come near me again or to interfere in any way with Bella."

"I promise."

"Oh and just in case you are tempted to break that promise remember I have the footage from the security camera as evidence."