- comic con 2012

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
SDCC CONVENTION CENTER
JULY 12TH

Daniel wrapped an arm around Aurora's shoulders as a security guard pushed them through the crowd of fans outside the San Diego Convention Center. Camila, Colton, Ian, Nina, Paul, Steven, Michael, and Zach followed them into the building. The security guard led the group backstage where The Vampire Diaries panel was taking place in the fifteen minutes.

The cast sat down at makeup chairs so artists could come give them touch-ups before the panel. Daniel sat in a chair next to Aurora. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah, I'm excited." Aurora said as a makeup artist walked to her, applying highlight to her cheekbones.

"Good, good," Daniel smiled at her encouragingly. "If anything triggers-"

"If anything triggers you, tell Colton, he'll get me offstage." Aurora cut him off and Daniel nodded. "I'll be okay."

"Alright," Daniel sighed and kissed her lips quickly. "I love you."

"I love you too." Aurora smiled.

-

Aurora and Camila squealed together quietly as the trailer finished playing on the big screen. The cast still stood in the back of the panel room as screams and claps could be heard.

"Well, hey, how about that?" Deborah walked on to the stage, and stepping behind a podium. "I'm Deborah...."

Aurora turned back to Daniel, who was smiling at her. "Did you see that?"

"You looked like such a badass!" Daniel joked and Aurora giggled.

"So what do you say we bring out the cast?" Deborah yelled and Aurora's attention was brought back over to her.

"Rory!" Camila called and Aurora kissed Daniel's cheek before running to her cast mates.

"He sees dead people, Steven R. McQueen, who plays Jeremy Gilbert."

"He was Elena's first love, Zach Roerig, who plays Matt Donovan."

"She has no filter, and she's proud of it, Camila Diaz, plays Monica Marren."

Aurora gave Camila a smile before the Latina walked on to the stage, smiling and waving as she sat down.

"He'll do anything for you as long as your last name is Marren or Allard, Colton Haynes plays Grayson Allard."

Colton walked on stage, giving finger guns to the crowd and sat down next to Camila.

"Our gift of nature sweetheart, Aurora Piper plays Theodora Allard."

Aurora took a deep breath and walked on stage. A smile rose to her face when she saw all the fans as she walked to her seat, sitting down next to Colton.

Colton and Aurora whispered to each other quietly as the other cast members were introduced, making jokes and trying to guess how loudly the crowd will cheer for Ian Somerhalder.

They were not disappointed.

-

"So, we're starting to shoot next week, how are we feeling guys?" Kevin Williamson, the executive producer for the show asked.