Chapter Two: Welcome to Camp Onism

False's POV:

- - - - -

The first thing False hears when she opens her eyes, is the deafening screeching of the car skidding across the wet asphalt, and the sound of lightening.

Actually, screw the sound. The feeling was what shocked her the most.

False felt herself bouncing around in the car, the airbags tightening her space. The blond haired girl really hoped that she was dreaming, but it felt too real. Her parents were shouting in the front seat, and the smell of burning plastic was enough for her to pass out.

The vehicle halted to a stop with the roof caved in and a loud CRUNCH. The first thing that came to False's mind was "Oh god, I can't feel my legs." And then more deep thoughts. "Who's alive? Is her parents okay? Why did we crash?"

She would've tried to pry her way out of the back seat if she wasn't so tired. Black rimmed the edges of her vision as she passed out to the stench of burning flames and gasoline.

- - - Le time skip cause I'm lazy- - -

"X, she's breathing . . . "

"That's impossible. She's been out for a while now . . . "

"Unless . . ."

False woke up in what looked like an infirmary, with a boy around her age wearing blue, and an older boy dressed in a type of armor. They were looming over her, and the blue shirt guy almost jumped back when she opened her eyes.

The "oh sh*t" adrenaline kicked in when False realized that she's probably getting kidnapped or held hostage.

Over a wave of confusion, the sixteen year old tried to squirm out, but the armored guy pulled her down.

"Hold on, we're not going to harm you, just stay put, please. My name is Xisuma, pronounced "eh-zoo-ma". Now please, stay. Joe's going to get the others."

False took a deep breath and nodded. Something peaceful about Xisuma's tone made her calm down a bit.

She took a closer look at the person beside her bed. He looked to be around eighteen, with a light tan and dark hair from under his purple visored helmet.

Xisuma had a lime toned chestplate covering his upper body, and an athletic build that made told people "don't mess with me, I'll yeet you all the way to Mars", but at the same time, his expression made him look like an innocent cinnamon roll.

"What about that other guy? Joe? Who is he? Where am I?" False asked. For some odd reason, she had trouble controlling herself whenever she asks questions. And besides, she needed to know where she was.

The dark haired teen sighed and helped her up. With some of Xisuma's help, she was able to stand up. Barely.

"Again, Joe's going to get the others. There's only a couple of us here, though. We're still looking for more Verum Indagator."

"Verem what?"

"Verum Indagador. Latin for "Truth Seeker." That's what we call people here."

"Well, what is "here"?"

Xisuma had a look on his face as if he was asked that question a million times.

"'Here' is Camp Onism. You have plenty of potential. Have you ever wondered why your dad asked you to keep a journal exactly at your sixteenth birthday? Have you ever wondered why weird things keep popping up in that book?"

False leaned against the bed. She had seen odd things there. Weird doodles. Scribbles of nonsense on random pages. Every time she showed her parents, the marks disappeared.

"Is it like, magic or something?" She asked, fiddling with her green jacket that somehow survived the crash.

Xisuma shook his head hesitantly. "Majik to be specific. Can I see your notebook real quick?" He pulled it out of False's jacket pocket. She never knew that it was still there.

Normally, when someone tried to get her most prized possession, she would've tugged it out of there hands, but something about the dark haired boy's tone made her trust him.

In a platonic way, the sixteen year old kind of liked Xisuma. The way his voice had a little twinge of British in it, the way it sounds like leaves swaying in the wind. It's platonic, keep in mind.

Xisuma carefully turned the pages of her journal, then his eyes widened on one of the pages in the around the end.

"Has . . . this always been here?"

He pointed to a something drawn in golden yellow ink that looked a bit like two faces that False had never seen before.

"N- no," she carefully said, running her fingers across the smooth surface of the page. The blond haired girl has never owned any pen or marker like that, nevertheless know what that was.

"I need to tell Joe to hurry up and get the other Verum Indagator. This is very urgent. Oh, and welcome to Camp Onism."

And with that, he rushed out he door.

- - - - -

~823 words~