Chapter Five: False Goes for a Ride

False walked along with Grian. Sure, it can be embarrasing for a thirteen year old to show a sixteen year old around a camp, but she seriously was lost.

As they walked along the camp site, the blonde haired girl took a closer look at the cabins, hoping to spot something parculiar.

And she did.

Along the side of the lodges, little marks kept showng up. They looked like the same ones that appeared in her notebook.

Small symbols of a man with two faces, a sketch of an hourglass, and other stuff that symbolized time.

False bit her lip. Was she the only one seeing this? Does Grian see it? Xisuma? Do they care?

"Hey, Grian . . . do you see this?"

Grian turned around. "Hmm?"

The sixteen year old sighed. "Nevermind."

Her companion nervously smiled. "Do you wanna see the climbing wall?" He asked.

The brunette haired boy pointed to a scary looking cliff in the distance, the edges looking like some kind of barnicles -rough and beautiful at the same time.

A man with slick, black hair was monitoring a sort of machinary.

He tapped his foot on the ground, connecting a red toned wire to the inside of the wall -which False assumed was the control panel- as he attempted to make the course even harder for the Hermit climbing the cliff.

Grian seemed to read her mind. "It's pretty okay. Much better if you can fly over it intead, though." The boy pointed on the wings on his back.

He wipped out a dozen something rockets, and zoomed off, leaving False by herself.

"Bye . . . I guess," the blonde haired girl waved, but just as she rose her hand, Grian came back down as quick as he flew off.

"Hello again," the thirteen year old grinned cheerfully, a mischievios glint in his eyes again.

As if Grian had done it a billion times, as zoomed up and down ad quick as lightning, enjoying himself.

He flew like a bird in the afternoon sky, the pair of "wings" gliding him on his way up and down.

"Hey dude, wait up!" False yelled, watching her friend fly higher.

"I thought you were gping to show me around? Traiter," she scoffed jokefully, gestering to the climbing wall and another girl hanging off a part of the cliff.

Maybe asking to be shown around the climbing wall was not that good of an idea.

Grian landed immediatly, dragging her along to the site. "You asked for it, c'mon!"

Grinning like crazy, False jumped up and clung to Grian's arm,  feeling her feet lift off of the ground as their elytra carry them away for a couple dozen feet.

"How can you even lift me up? You're flying and you're younger than me? How?" False asked, her hair getting in her face.

Grian winked, guiding the elytra to fly higher and faster. "I have my ways."

As the climbing wall came into view, the sixteen year old girl developed some dedication for the people that made this contraption.

Once False took a closer look at the climbing wall/machinary (whatever it's called), she saw some aestheirtic things about it.

Like how the stone glints like still water on a lake in the bright sunlight.

How each part of the cliff was delicately made, as if someone carved in little spots in the creveces to satify the viewer and create the illusion of a piece of art made by the soul. True passion engraved in the walls.

Grian let go of False and let her down. He wistfully glanced at the climbing wall.

"Something happened . . ."

He faltered at the end. The thirteen year old sighed as his lop quivered, as if he was about to cry. Grian tried for a smile after he saw that his friend saw him.

"Don't worry. We'll get through this sunmer together. If we do, I'm buying you ice cream from my local Bakery back at home." False reassured him, lightening the mood.

Together, the checked out the rock wall.

-

Fun fact- I listened to Hamilton while writing this part. I started at the begining, then made it to "Battle of Yorktown".