Chapter Eight: Suspicious Suspicions

"That's the third time today she passed out, geez."

False woke up to the familiar scene of white infirmary, the faces of Xisuma and Stress, then the shouts of Grian and Mumbo outside the door.

But something felt missing.

One of the things she realized that she didn't account for, was what she saw in the dream, and what Braid was talking about.

Stress smiled on the sudden sight of her waking up.

"Oh! Hello, love! You've been out for the second time today-"

"I saw something in my dream." False interupted suddenly. She sat up, but felt dizzy and laid down again.

Xisuma softly gripped his hand on her arm, the look in his gentle eyes depicting clearly 'don't say it here'.

Realization blossomed through False as she had the thought that this might be much more than what she thought.

Stress looked between Xisuma's eyes and False's as she stiffled a laugh into a cough, most likely not getting the point. "As you were saying?"

"Oh, nothing." False said slowly, as a look of sudden casualness flooded over Xisuma's face as Stress caught a glance at him.

His smile remained disinterested while he gestured for the brown haired guest to leave the room.

She reluctently left False's bedside and out the door, leaving Xisuma and the sixteen year old alone in the infirmary.

After the door clicked in place, there was a five second silence that not even the chatter of Grian and Mumbo outside could break.

Xisuma started off too normal to not look suspicious. "First of all, you look terrible."

"Uh-huh."

"And second, tell me the whole thing. I have a suspicious suspicion that this might be something important."

Taken aback by it escalating very quickly, False recalled the story Xisuma, who was a great listener. At the end, he didn't have his grin anymore.

"Egra Xavier, you say?"

"I might just been having a hallucination."

"No, it's too real to be a hallucination," Xisuma stated firmly. A look of far away sadness lingered in his red-violet pupils.

False had a look of slight syphathy for him. She knew something was wrong.

Something about Egra Xavier.

Straying away from the topic at hand quickly, Xisuma then noted, "Gray mist, right?"

". . . Mhm . . ."

"Odd."

"Why is it 'odd'?" False inquired suddenly, before regretting it. She might've made a mistake.

"It's 'odd' because the nether and the end is the only other dimensions than the overworld. The End has purple or white mist, and the nether has red mist. And if what you're saying is true, we might have to go to a . . . different dimension."

"Why would we go to a different dimension . . . ?"

Xisuma sighed, like he was a bit tired. "False, do you know what happens after you hear a prophecy?"

"N-"

"You have to go on a very painful quest."

This time, the silence was greater than earlier. Only the sound of False's heart rapidly beating was heard.

"Me?" She whispered. "Me on a quest?"

Standing up, Xisuma slid the chair over to the corner of the room.

"We'll have to wait and see."

-----◇-----

~521 words~