Chapter Six: Stress the (Almost) Hero

(A/N: ajjxhajx this is my second chapter that im writing today and i have school in the morning, less than a couple of hours from rn, pls have mercy on me-)

-

Staring up at the magnifecent structure, False glanced up, putting her hand over her forehead in a way to block out the sunlight.

Let's be honest. False had to stop and apreciate the sheer size of it.

The cliff was around the size of a mountain. A big one.

A brave Hermit dangled on the edge of the climbing wall, hauling herself up the huge boulders. Her chocolate brown hair flew in the breeze, sometimes getting in her face. A light pink jacket fluttered as she climbed.

Grian, however, wasn't paying attention to the other Verum Indagotor. He was skipping along the trail, heading to a man in a suit.

"Hi Mumbo!" The brunette haired boy waved. The other guy waved back.

"Hey Grian! I'm just working on some redstone and don't touch it please, no."

Grinning like the gremlin he is, Grian reaches ocer to a button. "Oooo, what does this one do?"

"Grian, don't touch that-" Mumbo pleaded as he shielded it with his palm. "Anyways, I assume you're False, from what I heard in the meeting. Welcome!"

She waved. "Hi! I've been told that a million times already, but, er, happy to be here!"

Grian gave up on the button. "Wanna climb up?" He asked.

"Sure."

Mumbo kept an eye on the gremlin-like Hermit. "I'll prepare the cord," he said, untangling a rope.

"How come Stress doesn't have a rope?" False noted, watching the girl climb higher. Not that she doesn't want to be safe, but she was just curious.

"She's been here for a while," Grian answered.

"Good to know."

Ten minutes later, False and her companion were on the dangerously high and scary wall. Mumbo had went to the bathroom, taking a break from his project.

Grian dodged a mini boulder about to hit his head, but the newest camper was not that lucky, and tripped on her first five minutes.

"SHOOT-" False yelled, clinging on the rough edge, barely dangling off.

Stress looked down from all the way up, as her eyes widened in the sight of the blonde haired girl holding on for dear life.

Frantically searching for anyone to help, Mumbo was no where to be seen, and Grian was already several yards above them, catching up with Stress, too for up to help in time.

In a split second, Stress jumped down. The wind roughened her fall when she latched onto a stray rock, extending her left hand to False's direction.

But it was too late.

Maybe the climbing wall was too much for False, as she plummeted down. . . to safety.

One thing saved her.

-

~469 words~