Chapter Four: "Pass the tea, will you?"

(A/N: Reeeeeee this was fun to write uwu)

- - - - -

Walking on the camp grounds, Grian led False to one of the bigger cabins. Probably a counsil office or a meeting room.

The wooden door creaked open. Not in a creepy way, but in a cozy way, like Grian was inviting you in.

He and False, stepped in. A warm, cackling fire was centered in the back of the cabin. A table was set in the middle of the room, some biscutes and an assortment drinks on it.

And then there was the assortment of people sitting on the table.

See here, seven hybrids and fifteen normal looking campers in the same room is not something you see everyday.

There was a couple of creeper hybrids, a demon one, and she could even spot out a zombie out of the group.

False hesitantly took a step forwards, and waved a small wave. "Uh, hi . . .?"

A college age teen waved too. He was wearing a black shirt with a yellow creeper face on it, and khaki shorts.

"Hello! Welcome I guess. The name's Impulse."

Impulse was the only one that waved. The others were glancing around the room like there's something wrong.

False looked at the chairs. Even though she only just got out of the infirmary, the warmth of the orange and red fire really wanted her to take a seat.

Grian nervously smiled and took a seat beside a mustached dude, then pointed to a chair beside him, gestering for False to take a seat.

Xisuma sat at the end of the small-ish table. He looked genuilely like a leader, with his badass armor and purple visored helmet. She wondered if he was an actor in some sci-fi movie or something.

He sighed. "Alright. Now that we're all here-

"Surprisingly," someone in the back scoffed.

Xisuma bit his lip. "Yes, surprisingly. As I was saying, I know that nobody likes meetings since we all have work to do and other stuff, but it looks like we have another Verum Indagator."

A boy dressed in a light blue shirt with an "@" on it replied, "Wow. That's a mighty lot for this miniscule camp."

The helmetted man chuckled. "Yep. Thought we'd never get another one. Cleo, pass the tea, will you?"

The girl, Cleo, blew False out of her head by her appearance. In a nutshell, she's a zombie. A zombie with flame orange hair. And a dark blue off-sleeve blouse.

Cleo passed the tea to Xisuma, who sip-sipped it happily. (A/N: oh my fucking god yes.)

He placed down the cup carefully after a minute or so. Then, he clasped his hands together.

"Right! I'm bad at this sort of bits, but I think that's what happens in every meeting. In all, we have a new camper. Someone can show her around, if you want. Now, this is getting too boring, Hermits, on your way!"

"I- okay, I guess" False murmured.

They had accomplished close to nothing in the meeting aside from imforming the others that a weeb arrived. Not that nessesary, but she understood.

Grian got up last and walked over to her. strapping on some sort of wings that she hadn't noticed before now.

"He's been pretty stressed lately, False. Give him a break. It's his responsibility to take care of us -chaotic Hermits."

"Hermits?" The blonde haired girl asked. "Er, I thought we were called Verum Indagator or something like that?"

Grian shrugged, leading her outside the door. "I guess that the six syllables "Ver-um In-da-ga-tor" was too hard to remember. We just call ourselves Hermits."

False scratched the back of her neck.

This was going to be a long summer.

~624 words~