1x02: The End of The World

"You lot. You spend all your time thinking about dying, like you're going to get killed by eggs, beef, global warming or asteroids. But you never take the time to imagine the impossible, that maybe you survive. This is the year five slash apple slash twenty-six. Five billion years in your future, and this..." Sage stands beside Rose with her hands in her pockets, looking at the Earth. The Doctor walks up to them, looking at his watch.

"Hold on..." Sage rests her head on his shoulder, holding his hand in hers. The Sun, suddenly, flares and turns red.

"This is the day the Sun expands-" Sage begins.

"-welcome to the end of the world." The Doctor finishes, looking towards Rose.

*Time Skip*

The Doctor, Rose and Sage walk along a corridor.

"So, when it says guests, does that mean people?" Rose asks, Sage shrugs.

"Depends on what you mean by people." She says.

"I mean, people. What do you mean?" Rose asks and Sage looks towards her with a grin on her face.

"Aliens."

"What are thy doing on boards this spaceship? What's it all for?"

"It's not really a spaceship, more like an observation desk. The great and good are gathering to watch the planet burn." Sage says as the Doctor uses his sonic on a wall panel.

"Why?" Rose asks, Sage shrugs and then smiles.

"For fun."

*Time Skip*

"Mind you, when I said the great and the good, what I mean is, the rich." Sage walks beside the Doctor, hand-in-hand while Rose walks on the other side of Sage.

"But hold on. They did this once on Newsround Extra. The Sun expanding, that takes hundreds of years." Rose says, remembering her childhood in school when learning about outer space and the Milky Way Galaxy.

"Millions, but the planet's now the the property of the National Trust. They've been keeping it preserved. See, down there?" Sage walks towards the window and points to the Sun. Rose who stood beside her, nodded. "Those are Gravity satellites holding back the Sun."

"The planet looks the same as ever. I thought the continents shifted and things?"

"They did. But the Trust shifted them back. That's a classic Earth. But now the money's run out, nature takes over." Sage says, shrugging and puts her hands into the pockets of her black leather jacket.

"How long's it got?" Rose asks, looking at Sage then back at the planet she called home. Sage looks out the window as well for a moment before turning to Rose.

"About half an hour. Then, the planet gets roasted." The Doctor answers for Sage, listening to the conversation between the two girls, and walked over to join them at the window.

"Is that why we're here? I mean, isn't that what you two do? Jump in at the last minute and save Earth?" Rose asked, assuming that they were here to save the people of her home planet. However, much to Rose's surprise, the Doctor shakes his head at the teenager.

"We're not saving it. Time's up!"

Rose frowns and looks at both Sage and the Doctor. She was shocked, terrified for all the people on Earth, not having a clue that the planet was about to blow up in less than an hour.

"But what about the people?"

"It's empty. They're all gone. No one left."

"Just me, then." Rose replies, somewhat sad. Sage steps forward towards her and places her hand on her shoulder.