1x10: The Doctor Dances

"Go to your room!" The Doctor said, suddenly, making the patients stop and look at him. "Go to your room. I mean it. I'm very, very angry with you. I am very, very cross. Go to your room!"

The patients hung their heads in shame and shuffled back to their beds, laying down, leaving the Doctor, Sage, Jack and Rose all confused. There was a silence between the four of them before the Doctor started chuckling nervously.

"I'm so glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words." Sage said, before going back into a silence for a moment longer until Rose spoke up.

"Why are they all wearing gas masks?"

"They're not. Those masks are flesh and bone." Jack answered.

"How was your con supposed to work?" The Doctor asked.

"Simple enough, really. Find some harmless piece of space junk, let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, name a price, and when he's put 50% up front... oops, a German bomb falls on it, destroys it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for and never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con."

"Yeah, perfect." The Doctor replied, sarcastically.

"The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners. Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it though, but you've got to set your alarm for volcano day." Jack says, smiling before letting it fall as he saw the looks of Sage, the Doctor and Rose. "Getting a hint of disapproval."

"Take a look around the room. This is what your harmless piece of space-junk did." The Doctor gestured around the room.

"It was a burnt-out medical transporter. It was empty."

"Sage." The Doctor said. "Rose."

"Are we getting out of here?" Rose asked.

"We're going upstairs." He grabbed Sage's hand and started to walk towards the stairs that led them to room 802.

"I even programmed the flight computer so it wouldn't land on anything living. I harmed no one. I don't know what's happening here, but believe me, I had nothing to do with it." Jack said, raising his hands in surrender and caused the Doctor to turn to look at him.

"I'll tell you what's happening. You forgot to set your alarm clock. It's volcano day."

As the Doctor and Jack confronted each other, a loud siren sounded around the hospital and Rose looked confused.

"What's that?"

"The all clear."

"I wish." The Doctor mumbled, leaving Rose behind and dragging Sage up the stairs.

"Mister Spock?" Jack asked.

"Doctor?" Rose asked, at the same time as Jack.

"Have you got a blaster?" Sage asked, sticking her head over the railing and looked down at Jack.

"Sure!"

Soon Jack and Rose joined Sage and the Doctor at a metal door. Room 802.

"The night your space junk landed, someone was hurt. This was where they were taken."

"What happened?"

"Let's find out. Get it open." The Doctor said. 

"What's wrong with your sonic screwdrivers?"

"Nothing." The Doctor responded as Jack shoot the lock on the door and it disintegrated.

"Sonic blaster, 51st Century. Weapon Factories of Villengard?" Sage asked, looking at Jack who nods.