Only you can set my heart on fire

It all started with that little competition back to when they celebrated the successful mission of recovering Loki's scepter. Tony Stark threw a huge party for the Avengers and probably invited everyone that he knew. (Pepper Potts wasn’t there to stop him because she was on a business trip to Japan for three weeks, making Tony lose his mind in the form of Ultron).

After the crowd had started to go home, they had a discussion about Thor’s hammer, Mjolnir.

“But, it’s a trick!” Clint shouted from the opposite side where he sat with Maria, twirling a drumstick between his fingers.

“Oh, no. It’s much more than that,” Thor replied.

“Uh, ‘Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power!’ Whatever man! It’s a trick,” the archer still didn’t believe what the thunder god said.

“Well, please, be my guest.”

That was when the contest started. Clint went first, grabbing Thor’s hammer, but he couldn’t lift it. Tony and Rhodey hurt their back trying to lift it up. Bruce couldn’t even nudge it either. Every pairs of eyes turned to Steve, who had Natasha sitting on his lap.

Yes, Natasha and Steve had been dating for a while now. They immediately picked up where they left off after going their separate ways at the graveyard. The time they spent apart had brought them closer went they met again. The spark was still there and they didn’t have to wait any longer to be with one another. It started off casual before things slowly developed into a serious relationship.

Nat slid herself of his lap and pushed her man up to encourage him to try and lift the hammer. She gave him a bright smile to support him.

“Let’s go, Steve.”  “No pressure.” “Come on, Cap.”

The Captain started pulling on the hammer and managed to budge it a little, to Thor’s surprise. Steve looked at Nat as she eyed him to stop lifting it. She knew her man could do it but she also noticed Thor’s face so she signaled Steve to stop. He let go of the hammer and gave up.

Thor laughed with relief. “Nothing”

Tony turned to the next person. “And Widow?”

Nat shrugged and settled in her man’s arms. “Oh, no, no. That’s not a question I need answered,” she replied before sipping her beer.

They still arguing about who was worthy to lift the hammer and whether that it was rigged. Thor came to the conclusion that they were all not worthy.

That was when all hell broke loose.

Ultron attacked and everything went straight down to hell in just three days. They were outgunned and outnumbered. The clash with the Maximoffs and Wanda’s illusions shook them all pretty hard. They retreated to Clint’s farmhouse and came up with the new plan to stop Ultron.

And stop Ultron they did. They gained more allies and became more powerful than they ever. The Maximoff twins, the Vision, War Machine, and Falcon decided to be a part of the team. Steve became a full time leader with Natasha as his second in command because Tony wanted to slowly fade himself away from the Avengers,in order to spend more time with Pepper and to repair the damage he had done.

Steve and Natasha became closer than ever, always spending time together. They were training the new members and everyone officially called them mom and dad. They didn’t mind though because their ‘children’ sometime acted like children.

Everything was fine between them. They had a healthy and happy relationship. Everything worked out better than both of them would have ever thought.