Part 3 - Continued

Steve woke up to the sunny morning and a beautiful redhead in his arms. He and Natasha had had a wild night together and it wasn’t a surprise she hadn’t woken up yet. Steve wanted to stay in bed and wait until she woke up but Nick Fury, his coach and mentor would be at the training ground in an hour.

So he kissed the top of her head and slowly, gently got out of bed, took a shower and got ready to leave. He left a small note for her, explaining why he wasn’t there when she woke up.

Steve kissed her lips again before taking his equipment bag and leaving the room. His driver took him to the training facility reserved for only Wimbledon players. Steve got his own court with slightly more privacy than the others. Nick was already there and gave him a scolding look.

“Rogers, you’re late.”

“Sorry, coach,” Steve said.

“Just because I’ve trained you since you were toddler doesn’t mean I will tolerate tardiness.”

“I know, coach, I slept in.”

“Whatever, warm up by jogging for thirty minutes and then we can get started.”

“Yes, sir.”

Steve did as the coach said and began his routine. Nick Fury had been his coach since he was a kid. Steve began his training when he was five years old. Fury found him with his parents at an abandoned tennis court in Brooklyn. The old man said he saw something in Steve that would make him a great tennis superstar. He approached Steve’s parents and offered to train him for free. 
Sarah was on the fence at first because the man offering free training for her son was a bit suspicious. Then Fury said they could sleep on it and took their son to his training ground on Sunday, where they could see that he was a legit coach. Joseph wanted his son to get proper training so he talked about it with Sarah and took Steve to Fury’s facility. It turned out he was a pro before but he’d retired early due to injuries.

That was when Steve got his proper training with the pros and learned how to play like one. Once he played at the professional level and began to earn money, he started to repay his mentor.

“Come on, Rogers. You can run faster than that!” Fury shouted. “Had too much fun last night?!”

“Yeah, Coach. She’s one of the kind,” Steve replied jokingly.

“Oh, yeah? Is she going to help you win the championship like I will?” 
“Probably.”

Fury laughed and ordered Steve to drop on the ground and give him a hundred push ups.

Nat woke up, feeling too sore to move. The warmth that was covering and protecting her all night was gone and all she felt was a cold bed. She wrapped herself up in the blanket in response.

“Steve…” She called out but there was no reply from him.

Natasha opened her eyes to see that the place next to her was empty. Steve wasn’t in the room. His equipment bag was gone. Then Natasha turned around to see the little note he’d left on the end table.

‘ Early morning practice. Sorry I can’t be here when you wake up. You can order anything you want. Hope to see you again tonight.’

She hoped to see him again too, but she couldn’t let him think that she was too easy. He probably had girls lined up for him to take whatever he wanted.