Words Can Wait Until Some Other Day

Steve breathed an exasperated sigh as he flipped the brass room key in his free hand; jamming it into the tarnished deadbolt lock with considerable force. 

It's been a long day.

Natasha exhaled a heavy breath, sinking her aching shoulders at the tedious delay. "You've got to be kidding me." She grumbled internally, rolling her eyes. Watching with her black duffle bag tucked loosely under her arm as her partner fought with the less than serviceable lock; that was so inconveniently restricting them access to the room they'd practically gone through hell to acquire.

Places to stay don't come easy to wanted fugitives. Nevertheless, a dingy motel nestled deep within the Chihuahuan Desert of Mexico would greatly suffice all things considered. At the end of the day all that either of them longed for was a bed to sleep in night-by-night ;and so far they've always gotten one.

Besides, even thinking about complaining considering their current circumstances would be nothing short of hypocritical. 

Despite being thoroughly frustrated with the less than ideal state of affairs; Natasha is far too exhausted to lend a hand to do anything about it. Physically and equally as much mentally. Being actively on the run from the government and busting illegal arms dealers along the way will do that to you.

Every bone and tendon in her body ached and throbbed; feeling uncomfortably constricted beneath her tight cat-suit. 

She peered over her shoulder to distract herself with her surroundings until the situation at hand resolved itself. Finding some form of relief in the rich scenery that graced her eyes; albeit brief.

The sky rippled with streaks of indigo and amber as the sun fell; casting silhouettes of several cacti across the expansive landscape. Her gaze extended out pass the horizon where the setting sun painted the desert floor bronze as it dipped beneath the rocky hills. Splashing it's array of warm colors across the dimming sky. 

It was beautiful. Truly and immensely. She quickly etched a mental memoir and locked it away deep within her memory. Tucking it away for when her psyche would inevitably need it again, before at last turning back to Steve. The captain finally having managed to get the door open much to her relief. 

The rickety oak door creeked as Steve cautiously pushed it open and stepped inside. Nat following directly behind. A thin layer of dust coated the hot air circling throughout the vacant space. Causing them both to cough deeply as they threw their bags carelessly aside.

The room was small. Very small. Equipped with the essentials but certainly less than lavish. Steve flipped on the standing lamp causing a dim golden light to illuminate the room. Granting the dull space some level of warmth and allowing them to thoroughly assess their newfound place of residence.

Old-fashioned wallpaper coated the walls, accompanied by a few drab paintings and other dated decor. The carpet was a sandy brown and stained in some areas. Housing a dark colored desk that sat against the far wall. As well as a reasonably sized dresser and two beige arms chairs in between a coffee table. 

"Home sweet home." Nat joked halfheartedly as her eyes scanned the dreary room. 

Steve sighed, shifting on his feet with his arms folded across his chest. "Are we going to acknowledge the elephant in the room?" He spoke with a clearly strained casual tone. Attempting to sound indifferent regarding the dilemma of the matter he's just observed as he kept his gaze forwards. 

Nat raised an eyebrow as she turned to the blonde man. "Being?" She inquired curiously. 

"There's only one bed." He stated, nodding towards the queen sized bed in the middle of the room.