Part 2 - London Hooked On Your Love

Steve left Shanghai that night with his agent. Phil said he should be in London by tomorrow to get settled in and used to both the practice court and the actual court that would be used in the tournament. They all said that grass court was his only weakness but even in weakness, he could still beat everyone.

It was a week before Wimbledon. Phil had already planned a full schedule for him, starting as soon as his plane landed.

A car from the Four Seasons was ready at the airport to pick them up. Steve was suddenly swamped by an army of reporters shouting questions at him. The tennis superstar ignored them and jumped in the car.

The busy schedule kept his mind occupied. Otherwise he would be thinking about the redhead model he’d met the day before. She always appeared in his mind and had haunting him the previous night.

Some part of him wanted to meet her again.

FILA sponsored him and the tournament so he thought she might have to appear in London for some promotion. Or maybe she was half of the world away and he might not have a chance to see her again.

Steve had just come back from the second day of training. An army of press swamped him again but the security team of the hotel kept them away just in time and Steve passed the lobby without anyone interrupting him.

Phil was able to book him the Blue Suite on the eighth floor of the hotel with a nice view of Hyde Park. (Tony Stark, his close friend, had sponsored his accommodation and any expenses that might come with it.) The room was spacious and more than enough for one person to live in. He was never the one for the luxury thing. Most people said he was the most down to earth person they had ever met.

Steve threw his tennis bag on the sofa and went straight to the shower. Phil told him that he would have an interview with Sports Illustrated and he would shoot the cover of the magazine after the tournament was done.

He was relaxing in the shower, letting the hot water running down on his body. He heard the door from outside swing open as he left the door to his bathroom open wide. He guessed that it must be Phil.

Then he heard someone scream. It was a woman’s voice so he turned around to see the red head model that had been haunting him, dropping her luggage as she saw him in the shower.

“Hey…” he greeted. Luckily the stream in the shower covered the glass door of shower stall enough.

Natasha covered her eyes. “I’m sorry. I thought this was my room,” she quickly said and turned away. “I guess the front desk gave me the wrong key.”

Steve grabbed his towel and wrapped it around his hips before stepping out of the bathroom with his body still glistening with water.

“Should I accompany you to the front desk?” he asked kindly and Nat turned around only to face the tall blond. He was too close to her, making her hold her breath.

“No, no, it’s fine. I will go there myself.”

They were standing too close and the heat and their breath mingled against their skin, bringing back the memories of that evening they’d spent together. Steve’s hands gently grabbed her forearms, pulling her close before tilting her chin up so she could meet his eyes.

“Natasha…” Nat shivered at the way her name rolled on his tongue. He made it feel so sexy.

He bent his head down until their lips almost touched each other's but she pushed him away and grabbed her bag before heading out of his room, leaving Steve standing still.

Natasha walked out of his room as fast as possible. Her heart was beating fast and she was sure it wasn't anything related to how fast she walked.