ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

ᴊᴜɴɢᴋᴏᴏᴋ
___________

Readjusting my specs I step into the lunchroom and see that it’s pretty full.

"Jungkook."

"Hey" I drop down in a chair next to Jinyoung. I can see from the seriousness in Jackson's face they are having another gossip lunch. But who's complaining---

"Spill it," I open my sandwich and take a bite, waiting for someone to speak.

"Something is going with our CEO---" Youngjae whispers, making a hand motion.

"What's new in that?" He always have something up to his ass, literally. He always mess up his reputation---he thinks money is everything.

Once we did worked for him, a small theft. And as usual he payed for it---

He don't really deserve the title he has--- if it wasn't for the hardworking employees our company must have fallen to the ground.

"No, it's different. Someone rejected him." Mark pipes in.

"That person has good taste," Our CEO, Mr.Choi looks like a dumpster with his half bald head and pregnant belly---

"That's not how it's---" Jackson says sipping water.

"You know he likes to show off---" Yeah, everyone knows that.

"And he always had a thing for paintings. He don't have artistic mind, but still he likes to own valuable things." Still it's no secrets.

I nod as I chew my bite.

"You know famous artist V?" V? I shake my head as no. We know every business man in the Seoul, but we never had come across with an artist.

"He's very talented young artist." Okay but still everything isn't adding up.

"Mr.Choi wanted a painting of his--- but he rejected Mr.Choi's offer saying he isn't selling his masterpiece for just for money--- he want someone who can treasure his art." It always make me confused why people spend money on paintings--- I never understand how some mere combination of colors can be something meaningful as they say--- it's crazy.

"I hear Mr.Choi offered huge amount but still he rejected---" Jinyoung says, stuffing last piece of sandwitch in his mouth.

"News got spread easily and he's now acting like we are the reason he don't have artistic mind." Youngjae sighs.

I know how much of asshole he can be--- it's the salary orelse I should have said my goodbye earlier.

"Wait and see how Mr.Choi manipulate that young artist-- what he wants he always gets." Mark says and shrugs.

"He have got a fortune---" He is really a manipulative asshole, that's why we dropped a strong evidence that day but his money helped him. Still he lost a huge amount of his old money.

"Leave it, I'm tired of oldman's drama--" Youngjae stops talking and coughs, looking down. I peek out of the corner of my eyes to see Mr.Choi has entered the lunchroom.

"Lunch break ends in ten minutes, why you all are still here---" he bark.

We still have ten more minutes, that's why we are here.

I visibly roll my eyes.

"Gossips continue in next lunch break." Jackson says as he get up and walk away, follwed by Mark, Jinyoung and Youngjae.

My phone buzzes and I take it as I walks towards the cabin.

'We have got something big'

I smile, tucking my phone in the pocket---

I love this--- it's the best part of our day.

I greet everyone in my way back. It's about myself, I can be rough and strict when it comes to our business and gossip-talkative king in day light.

It's about the way of people's judgement Thieves aren't always hides in the drak, we walk proudly in the daylight too---

Do you like this chapter?

Thank you for reading❤

Love,
Dumb Duck🐣