My tears ricochet

Based on 3x14, inspired by the song "My tears ricochet" from Taylor Swift's "Folklore".

Ed stands on those cold docks, holding the gun in his hand. Oswald sobs loudly, begging for forgiveness.

"Ed, I love you. I am so sorry. Forgive me, please forgive me! You need me...you can't have one without the other! This will be the cold-blooded murder of someone you love!" Oswald sobs.

"I don't love you." Ed growls, pulling the trigger. Oswald gasps in shock and pain, staring at Ed with such heartbreak and devastation.

Ed grasps the lapels on Oswald's jacket, staring into those beautiful green eyes one last time before pushing him off into the water. Ed sighs sadly, watching as the light leaves Oswald's eyes as the water turns red with Oswald's blood.

Ed stays out till 3 in the morning that night, drinking and trying to push Oswald from his mind. When he finally comes home, Barbara is waiting for him.

"Where were you, Nygma?!" She snaps.

"Out."

"He's dead, right?"

"Yes."

"Good. Now, you're going to help me take over gotham..." She says sweetly, giving him that wicked grin and nasty giggle.

I'm so stupid....

The next day, Ed mopes around the mansion, wrapping himself up in the blankets that were Oswalds.

Much to Barbara's chagrin.

"Nygma, we should be celebrating! Ruling gotham! Unleashing hell..."

"I know...i just need some time."

"To what? Mourn over a little bird?"

"He was my best friend!" Ed growls. Barbara nasty giggles.

"Well, sit here and weep. I'll be out ruling gotham!" Barbara says wickedly, model walking out of the house.

Evil bitch....

Ed lays in bed, wide awake, the image of Oswald crying and begging him to forgive him, apologizing over and over and over, practically screaming that he loved Ed, the heartbroken look he gave him, him reaching out for Ed, the light leaving his eyes, the blood reddening the water haunting him. Ed gasps in pain, sobbing incoherently. He needs to see him. He needs to see Oswald.

The next day he found a hallucinogenic dealer, and bought enough to last a month.

The first time he took them he immediately started seeing Oswald, but, not...

This Oswald made him feel guilty and pointed out his mistakes.

"Wow! The chess killer! I'm beyond terrified!" Not Oswald says sarcastically.

"Be quiet. I have work to do..."

"Look at us... we're not eating, we're not sleeping, we're doing drugs! For God's sake, Edward!"

"It's none of your business!" Ed snaps again.

Ed puts on his jacket and that's when it starts. The red lights flicker on and Oswald appears on a stage of sorts.

"His face in my dreams, seizing my guts, he floods me with dread, soaked in soul, he swims in my eyes by the bed, pour myself over him, moon spilling in, then I wake up ALONE."

"ENOUGH! I'll admit that killing you killed a part of me! But I will be born anew!"

With that Ed stormed off.

Riddler stands at a podium, addressing the cadets at gotham police academy.

"Light as a feather, yet no man can hold it long, what am I?"

The cadets sit on confusion as Riddler wears a look of annoyance and dissatisfaction.

"Well, no future commissioners here. The answer was..."

Riddler throws the two gas canisters down into the crowd, sparking panicked noises from the cadets.

"Your breath." Riddler says menacingly as the canisters spew the gas into the room. Riddler puts on the gas mask, laughing evilly. When he gets home that night he's once again greeted by not-Oswald.

"So how was your day, honey?" Oswald says in a sarcastically sweet tone.

"Don't start with me." Riddler growls.

"That bad, huh, sugar cheeks?"

"What?"

"Aw, poor honey buns..."

"Stop that, where did you...I mean, where did I even learn those nicknames?!"

"It's just what lovers do, Eddie dear..."

Ed looks down at Oswald, still wishing he was real.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Oswald. I failed you. I killed you. I can never truly express how sorry I am..."

"Oh, Ed. I already know everything. I'm in your subconscious, remember? I'm just a representation of your regrets and fears. I'm not real." And with that Oswald disappears into thin air.

"No, come back! Oswald!" Ed panics, grabbing the bottle of hallucinogens and popping one after another, desperate to see Oswald again.

Ed gets dizzy and falls to the ground, feeling the drugs kick in.

"Oswald, I'm so sorry. I love you, please come back!" Ed begs.

"Edward...no, no, no...hold on stay with me. Ed, answer me!" A sweet little voice pleads.

"Oswald?"

"Ed, I'm here. Please don't leave me..." Oswald says quietly in pain, tears streaming down his beautiful face.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry... where am I? What's happening?"

"Aw, shit, GABE! ZSASZ, GET AN AMBULANCE NOW!" Oswald screeches at Zsasz and Gabe. A few minutes later, paramedics arrive to help Ed.

"Damn it. Josh, you got that narcan kit?" Nick the paramedic says to Josh the paramedic.

"Here." Josh says, handing him the narcan kit.

Nick jabs the needle into Ed's thigh. A few seconds later Ed gasps, jerking awake.

"Ed!" Oswald gasps jubilation.

"... Oswald?"

"I'm here, I'm here..." Oswald sobs softly, wrapping his arms around Ed, who's sitting on the floor in confusion and shock.

Oswald's alive! Thank God, he's alive!

"I missed you..."

"I missed you too...will he need to be at the hospital?"

"He should be admitted for treatment and observation." Nick says authoritively.

Oswald nods and helps Ed to his feet. The paramedics and Oswald walk Ed to an ambulance, which takes him to the hospital.

At the hospital, Ed lays in bed, Oswald curled up next to him. Ed sighs deeply, never wanting to let go of this wonderful gorgeous man that loves him unconditionally.

"I love you... I will always love you..."