Merry Christmas, Gotham

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays to all my friends and readers, stay safe everybody!!! This chapter is my Christmas gift to you all!!!

🎅🎅🏻🎅🏼🎅🏽🎅🏾🎅🏿
🤶🤶🏻🤶🏼🤶🏽🤶🏾🤶🏿
🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀
🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁
🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

This oneshot has everyone working in an office, more specifically, Shreck Industries (from my favorite Christmas movie, Batman Returns!)

Ho ho ho!!!

It is almost Christmas in Gotham, and that means the annual Christmas office party is near.

Millionaire Max Shreck  sits in his office at Shreck Industries, looking through the paperwork on his desk.

"Can I get you anything, Mr Shreck?" Selina says quietly, poking her head into his office.

"Yes, I'm gonna need Mr Odeski down in finance to get me the annual budget report before the end of the day. Thank you, Miss Kyle." Max says.

"Thank you, Miss Kyle..."  Selina grumbles mockingly, walking out the door.

Down in R&D, Edward Nygma works at his computer, doing some programming.

"Hey, Ed!" Myrtle says excitedly, startling him.

"Ugh, what do you want? I'm busy..."

"I heard something bad from Mr Shreck..." Myrtle says with a little frown.

"What?" Ed says nervously.

"He's gonna cancel the Christmas party! I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GONNA DO THAT WEEKEND WITHOUT IT!" She yells in frightened horror.

"He can't just do that! He can't just cancel the Christmas party!" Ed says loudly, affronted and shocked.

"Well, he said--"

"What? That the annual budget report from Odeski in finance had us $1.500000 short for this year? Wayne enterprises has us buried on wallstreet. There's really no other option. A party is just one of many unnecessary expenses this year that we simply cannot afford...I apologize to all of you. I'm very sorry that that stupid, arrogant, narcissistic son of a bitch Mr Bruce Wayne has us nearing bankruptcy." Shreck says professionally, cutting Myrtle off mid-sentence.

Up in the main offices, Kristen Kringle walks back from the records room to her cubicle across from Lee.

"Psst. Kristen." Lee says quietly.

"Hmm?" Kristen answers.

"I heard Mr Shreck is cutting back on expenses. Seems we're not doing well on the stock market this quarter..." Lee whispers.

"Oh, dear...Does that mean we'll get fired?"  Kristen says in horror.

"I don't know..." Lee responds.

In the elevator, Oswald is just finishing up his part time job as a lowly cleaner. He didn't even work for Shreck. He worked for the private cleaning service that Shreck had on contract to clean up the office every friday around closing time.

A long fingered hand stops the elevator doors from closing, making Oswald jump.

"Uh, hi..." The dorky, lanky, skinny nerd says awkwardly, blushing bright pink.

"Hello..." Oswald says nervously, adjusting his pitch black hair that seemed to perpetually be in his face. The faintest traces of blonde roots peeked out on the top of his head.