12.

Asuka's POV

I huffed on the couch as I was tired. This child is draining my energy away from me but I felt happy. I looked at the sunset and watched that.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" A shadowy figure appeared and I sigh in relief that it was just Anakin.

"You scared me, jerk!" I smacked him with a pillow.

"Sorry." He laughs as he joins me on the couch. "How are you feeling?"

"He keeps kicking." I felt the cute little kick of the baby.

"He? Why do you think it's a boy?" Anakin asked.

"I think it's a motherly intuition." I claimed.

Anakin place a hand on my stomach and the baby kick again.

"No, it's a girl. With a kick like that, it's a girl for sure." Anakin noted.

"No, it's a boy." I complained.

"Girl."

"Boy."

"Girl!"

"Boy!"

"Let's not fight about the sex of the baby right now." Anakin sighed.

"Okay. So, I have heard about your appointment, Anakin." I smiled.

"I may be on the Council, but...they refused to accept me as a Jedi Master."

"Be patience. In time, they will recognize your skills." I said.

"They still treat me as if I were a Padawan learner....they fear my power, that's the problem." Anakin states.

"Oh, Ani.." I sighed again.

"Sometimes, I wonder what's happening to the Jedi Order....I think this war is destroying the principles of the Republic." Anakin speaks out his thought.

"Have you ever considered that we may be on the wrong side?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy?" I state my thoughts.

"I don't believe that. And you're sounding like a Separatist!"

"Anakin, this war represents a failure to listen....Now, you're closer to the Chancellor than anyone. Please, ask him to stop the fighting and let the diplomacy resume." I pleaded.

"Don't ask me to do that. Have Padme and your ninja friends make a motion in the Senate, where that kind of a request belongs!" Anakin yelled.

"I wasn't mentioning Padme and our friends. What was it?" I asked.

"Nothing." Anakin stated.

"Don't do this....don't shut me out. Let me help you." I pleaded again.

I got up and walk to him. "You can't help me....I'm trying to help you, Asuka."

"If this about that dream, Ani, I will be fine. When the time comes, I will be holding our child, and we can be happy. It was just a nightmare." I stated.

We stared into each other's eyes. "I sense....there are some things you are not telling me." Anakin sensed.

"I can say the same about you." I replied with a smile.

I felt that he was a little embarrassed. I walk up to him and said, "Please....hold me....like you did by the lake on Naboo, so long ago...when there was nothing but our love....no politics, no plotting....no war." I sighed.