You work for SHEILD

Steve: "You can do this," Steve's voice said, through your ear piece. "It's all an illusion." You were preparing for your experience in "The Chamber". It was last step to becoming a SHEILD agent with Steve. They put you in a box and showed you your worst fear. You could only hear Steve and Nick Fury through an ear piece. Your brother, Bucky Barnes was there as well.

"Are you ready, Ms. Barnes?" Fury questioned.

"Ready as I'll ever be," you muttered, though you didn't think it mattered.

"You can do this, sweetheart," Steve whispered.

"You got it, (Y/N)," Bucky encouraged.

"Begin," Fury ordered. The lights went out and everything was silent. Then you spotted two figures. You slowly approached them. When you came within about twenty feet, you realized two things.

1: The man on the left was Steve and was bound by ropes.

2: The man on the right was clutching a knife.

Steve looked at you and mouthed 'I love you'. You tried to say it back, but, to your horror, the man on the right stabbed Steve in the foot. He screamed. The man stabbed him in the arms. Steve cried out in agony again.

"STEVE!" You shouted, running towards him. You hit a glass wall. There was nothing you could do. You had to watch. That was your challenge. Tears stinging at your eyes, you watched as the murderer cut Steve's ropes. He couldn't run. His feet were already mauled.

The man stabbed your boyfriend in the stomach and the blood started to flow.

"NO!! STEVE!!" you sobbed, pounding at the glass. "PLEASE DON'T HURT HIM ANYMORE!!"

In that moment, your very worst nightmare was realized. The man beat Steve over the head and to his knees with his elbow and brought the knife to his head. He slowly dragged the point across his forehead, creating a giant gash.

"STEVE NO!! STOP I'LL DO ANYTHING!!" you cried. Your boyfriend screamed for the last time and fell, dead, into a pool of his own blood. You wanted to avert your eyes away, but you couldn't. You sobbed on the ground as the murderer stepped into better light. You then realized something else; the man holding the bloody knife was Bucky.

"Hail HYDRA," he hissed, a sly smirk spreading across his face.

"BUCKY!! NO!!" you screamed as even more tears flowed. You pounded at the glass again. He couldn't have gone back to HYDRA. He wouldn't.

"Stop!" Nick Fury's voice boomed through the chamber and the dead Steve and HYDRA Bucky disappeared.

The doors of "The Chamber" opened and you ran into Steve's arms.

"I thought you were dead," you whimpered, sobbing into his shirt.

"It was fake, honey. I'm right here," he whispered, stroking your hair. "I wanted to talk to you so bad, but Fury made me stop. Shhhhh. It's ok." After you'd stopped crying, you hugged Bucky.

"Don't ever go back to them," you muttered.

"Never," he replied firmly.

"Well, you passed," Fury announced. "We'll have to work on the whole mental break down, but you passed.  Welcome to SHEILD, Agent Barnes."

Tony: You strolled down the long hallways of the Hellacarrier, clipboard in hand, until you found your lab. You slid the door open to find two men. They looked up from their work. This was not your lab.

"Hello," said the shorter of the two. He had chocolate brown eyes, dark brown curly hair, and glasses.

"Hi," you smile. "I'm (Y/N). I take it your the infamous 'Science Buddies'?"