Prologue

Our story begins about a thousand years ago, give or take a few, when a small eight year old girl huddled against a dark cave wall.

She was watching as two other children from the village, one boy and one girl, whispered harshly together.

"Don't do it Bekah, it will make father angry. Please, a girl shouldn't wield a blade," The boy begged the girl, Bekah, urgently.

"Don't be such a wuss, brother. What father doesn't know won't hurt him.... unless you go squeal to him like the little piggie you are!" Bekah jeered at her bother. Her words were full of humor but the girl who looked on could see the hurt that shot through the boys eyes.

"I don't squeal like a pig, little sister," He grumbled turning his back to his sister, now facing towards the silent onlooker.

The girl couldn't help but admire the boys bright blue eyes that were so full of adventure and his sandy blonde curls that fell around his face.
His features were a stark contrast to the girls, whose hair was a dark auburn and her eyes a murky green and brown.

The girl could help but gasp when she finally got a good look at the boy. She had seen him around with the rest of his family, but only from a distance.
She wasn't from this village and her father had warned her away from her going near those who lived here claiming that they were dangerous.

But that didn't stop the girl from watching the beautiful golden haired boy from afar.

Hearing her gasp the boy looked sharply over to where the girl was hiding. He moved away from his sister and approached the spot where the girl was instead.

The girls eyes grew wide as she realized her mistake and tried to retreat out of the caves, but a hand grabbed hers pulling her back.

"Gotcha!" The boy cried pulling the girl to face him.
"Who are you?"

The girl was too shocked to speak for the boy was talking to her, looking at her, holding her hand and it was something she never thought would happen.

"Okay... don't answer me. Bekah! Look what I found," The boy shouted at his sister who turned and looked at me eyes wide.

"Who's she? What's she doing here?" Bekah screeched hiding the object she held behind her back. The girl soon realized that they had been carving their names into the cave wall.

"She doesn't seem to speak Bekah," The boy laughed at his sisters reaction.

"Of course she speaks! Everyone can speak ..... maybe she's a spy! What if father sent her to tell him what we are doing?"

"Bekah don't be ridiculous."

The girl began to smile at their sibling banter. She never had a sibling, but always wanted one.

The boy smirked at her smile and held out his hand, "Im Niklaus but you can call me Nik."

The girl bit her lip before slowly talking the boys hand.

"I'm Aralina."

+++

A/N

Hey so that is the beginning of my wonderful fanfic #yay!

I hope u enjoyed it and let me know what u think by...

Commenting

Voting

Following

Etc.

Btw all rights go to the vampire diaries except the plot lines and character that I make up :)

Lots of love

Liyla Rae 🍋 xx