Being New Sucks

"Come on Henrik, Bekah! your brothers are fighting again. I'll race you," Aralina laughed as she sped past the two Mikaelson children.

She grabbed Henrik's hand as he joined her in he race. She loved Henrik. He was almost like a son to her, as she had looked after him since he was a small child. Not long after she made her presence known to Niklaus and his family, her own family had a unfortunate run in with the pack of werewolves who killed her entire family, except her cousin Mariah.
Aralina hadn't known where to go after she returned home one day to find them all gone, but as she curled into Niklaus' arms in tears explaining what had happened, he took her to his family and begged them to take her in. His mother agreed to take her as long as she became Henrik's carer.

Aralina pulled Henrik over to where Niklaus and Elijah where fencing with their swords.
She giggled at the serious looks that were plastered on the brothers faces, alerting Elijah to her presence.

"Oh look, your love has arrived to watch my fast approaching victory," Elijah jeered as he walked in circles with Nik.

"On the contrary, Elijah....," Niklaus replied playfully causing Arilina to laugh.

They swung at each other again as they continued their fight. Back and forth they exchanged blows until Niklaus spun, bringing his sword down on Elijah's belt, cutting it off.

They were all so engrossed in the play fight that they didn't notice two figures approaching.

"....She's come to laugh at you," Niklaus held his sword at his brother, finishing the fight.

Aralina and Henrik laughed as Niklaus winked at them, however all their smiles slowly fell off their faces as they noticed Mikael and Ester standing their watching. Mikael was angry.

"Relax, Mikael," Estar tried to calm her husband. "Niklaus means well."

"That is precisely my problem," Mikael replied his voice filled with venom.

Cold swept through Aralina at the sight of the father staring at his son, and out of fear she gently pushed Henrik behind her.

"So," Mikael exclaimed as he took the sword from Elijah and turned to face Niklaus. "Why don't you teach me that trick, young warrior?"

Mikael swung at Niklaus and Niklaus blocked the blow, but their was no escaping the fear in his eyes as he refused to look at his father let alone stand up to him.

"Father, we were just having fun," Niklaus groaned.

But his response only added to Mikael's resentment, "We fight for our survival, and YOU FIND TIME FOR FUN? I want to have fun. Teach me. Come on."

Tears threatened to spill from Aralina's eyes as she watched Niklaus' pain that was caused by his father's anger. The same anger that she had been on the receiving end of as well.

"Father, it was nothing," Niklaus tried to explain.

But Mikael swung at Niklaus this time meaning business. His blows were harsh and strong unlike the playful ones the pair of brothers had been exchanging. The fight only lasted a couple of seconds before Mikael knocked the sword from Niklaus hands and he fell to the ground.

Aralina closed her eyes and clutched Henricks hand as Mikael held the sword to Niklaus' throat.

"You are foolish and impulsive, my boy," Mikael growled and then turned to shout at Aralina.
"What? No more laughter?"