Is this a prank?

Aralina curled into the warmth of her bed. She was pretty sure that she had slept through most of the day as the hot afternoon sun beat down on her through the widows surrounding her bed. However, she didn't want to wake up, she was happy just where she was.

"Happy Birthday!!!" Several voices shouted as they barged into Aralina's bedroom disturbing her peace.

Aralina groaned. It was her birthday, shouldn't she be able to spend it how she wanted? and if she wanted to sleep all day then shouldn't she be allowed to without people shouting at her.

"Come on honey, time to get up we have guests," Kelly urged her daughter pulling the blankets off her. She regretted it instantly as her daughter was only in a grey tank top and a pair of lace undies.

"Mo-om! What are you doing?" Aralina cried finally opening her eyes only to turn bright red as her two cousins, Elena and Jeremy, were standing beside her bed getting a full view of her underwear.

"Sorry!" Kelly sung as Jeremy laughed. "We'll be downstairs, don't take too long it's already two in the afternoon and u got presents to open!"

The intruders left her room and Aralina regretfully climbed out of her bed.
After having a quick shower she made her way downstairs towards the kitchen that was bustling with noise.

"So Ric, I hear you're the history teacher at the school?" Kelly's voice reached her Aralina's ears as she entered the room.

"Um yeah, I'll probably have your daughter a a student once school starts," Ric replied scratching the back of his head nervously.

Aralina smiled at the scene before her, Elena and Jeremy were helping her mum make sandwiches whilst Ric sat at the kitchen counter awkwardly.

"Oh, you've finally decided to get out of bed?" Kelly laughed at her daughters blank stare. "This is Alaric Saltzman, he was Jenna boyfriend and will be your new history teacher."

"Oh." Aralina frowned. Now she knew why he mother was interrogating the poor guy. "Its nice to meet you Mr Saltzman."

Alaric gave he a small wave just as Elena called out over to Aralina.

"So... tonight is actually senior prank night at the high school and well, I've been coerced into going and I was wondering if you'd like to come with? you know, get to know some people."

Aralina bit her lip, she didn't really want to go as she'd much rather just sit down in front of the TV and watch Dean Winchester slaughter a bunch of demons, but she knew that her mother would want her to go.

Sighing Aralina looked back up into her cousins dark brown eyes with a smirk, "You do realize that I've met most of the people in this town before? And I already have my besties? But yes, I would LOVE to join y'all at your prank night thingy. I would never turn down a good prank."

Elena's cheeks turned a light shade of pink as she detected the sarcasm in Aralina's voice when she said she wanted to go.

"I think that's a fantastic idea," her mother glared at her and Aralina rolled her eyes.

"So I'll pick you up at six?" Elena asked once again hopeful.

Aralina grinned wickedly, "Of course, but no more talking about these pranks, we do have a member of the faculty sitting in front of us."

Jeremy laughed, "Ric? You don't have to worry about him as a teacher. He's cool like that."

"I'm cool like that am i?" Ric joined in Jeremy's laughter raising a brow.

"Very cool," Elena smiled.

Aralina joined in with their laughter, "So.... Is Tyler going to be there?"