ADHD James

gonna delete this later but adhd!James who interrupts people without meaning to and feels horrible for it when he realizes and forgets everything even when it's important to him. he drives Remus fucking insane with all his noisy fidgets like tapping his foot. James who hyperfixates on quidditch and got his feelings hurt when people got annoyed when he talked about it too much. aND THEN JAMES MEETING A WEREWOLF, A FAMILY DISAPPOINTMENT WITH EMOTIONAL BAGGAGE AND A SHY KID WHO MIGHT BE ABOUT TO CRY AND YEAH THEY'RE DORKS BUT HE FEELS RIGHT AT HOME BECAUSE THESE MISFITS NEVER ONCE BRUSH OFF HIS INTERESTS. THEY DO WHATEVER THEY CAN AND ALWAYS HELP HIM REFOCUS AND THEY HAVE STUDY GROUPS BECAUSE THEY KNOW JAMES CRIES FROM FRUSTRATION WHEN HE STUDIES ALONE AND JUST. SUPPORTIVE MARAUDERS.

also!!! James' worst symptoms are probably Lily's biggest pet peeves. and at first she has a REALLY hard time with it but soon after they start dating Sirius sits her down and says "I don't care that you're a girl, Evans, if you make him feel bad for anything he can't control, so help me I will bitch slap you."

and she takes that to heart. she learns ways she can help. after Harry is born, she can tell when James is overwhelmed (sensory overload is actually something a lot of people with adhd experience) and always takes Harry so James can step back for a minute.

side note I think James would have combined adhd, so hyperactive-impulsive and inattentive

so ye I just have a lot of feelings about this