groceries

for some reason i'm really scared to post dorlene so pls don't be mean 👉👈 comment lots or i'll burn all your band merch and sorry this sucks

Marlene had intended to go to the store just to buy goldfish crackers, ultra violet monster, and apple juice, but then she made eye contact with a pretty girl and now she's been here for nearly an hour.

She was pretty sure she was accidentally stalking the poor lady, but she was so fucking hot. She had dark skin and a nose ring, and she was wearing a yellow dress with daisies and a matching bandana in her hair and Marlene couldn't get close enough to see but she was pretty sure even her earrings were daisies. And it was gorgeous.

Daisy girl was now looking at peaches (which didn't really help Marlene's case), and she was trying to be secretive about staring at her from the other end of the fruit section. Then her phone went off and daisy girl LOOKED at her, so she turned around quickly while answering the call so she wouldn't have a lesbian panic attack in the middle of Fred Meyer's.

"Where the fuck are you?" Lily yells and even through the phone it makes Marlene wince.

"Shit. Sorry, I um went to get stuff for Harry for when you guys visit 'cause I, y'know don't have kid friendly snacks but I got, like, distracted."

Lily mutters something to James and a babbling Harry, then sighs and says "Is it a girl again?"

Marlene blushes despite herself and runs a hand through her hair. "It's different this time, Lils, she is so hot! She's wearing this dress and rings and her hands look so soft, I-"

"You should try talking to me instead of about me."

Marlene drops her phone.

"Oh my god," she says flatly, because daisy girl is talking to her and she just caught Marlene rambling about her. "I-shit I am so sorry, I-"

"Don't worry about it." She smiles and grabs Marlene's phone off the tile floor. "You're not too shabby yourself, miss lipstick."

"Gosh, nicknames already?" she says, and she really is trying to flirt but her voice cracks.

Daisy girl rolls her eyes slightly. "I was waiting for you to talk to me, you know."

Marlene clears her throat awkwardly, shoving her phone in her pocket. "I was nervous."

"It's not hard, really. You just ask if they're gay. Best that happens, you get a date. Worst case scenario. they call you a slur. Not so bad."

She lets out a surprised laugh, and daisy girl grins. "Look, lipstick, I need to go. I'm only still here because I wanted to at least talk to you.

"I knew it."

"What?"

"Don't do it."

"What?"

"Don't run and tell your man."

Daisy girl lets out a loud laugh. "Who told you I have a boyfriend?"

"Wait. You don't? For real?"

"Oh my god, did you think I was straight?" she asks flatly.

Marlene shakes her head quickly. "No, shit, as a blonde haired, blue eyed girl I know not to assume, but you're like... really hot..."

They stop for a moment, both of them realizing what she said. "Well, I'm single," daisy girl says finally. "But I'm not sure I want to be."

Marlene blushes bright red and gazes after her as she gives a little wave and walks off. After standing in a daze for probably a full minute, she looks down at her phone and tucked into the case is a little piece of paper with a number on it.

She forgets to buy any snacks.