scar

i feel like this has potential but i made it shit idk. sorry for a n other short one

Remus is seven years old when he gets the scar.

It's two days after the full moon. Hope finally lets him walk by himself. He goes to the bathroom and steps on the little stool his mum made to wash his hands, and that's when he sees it.

There's a slash in his face, crossing his nose all the way to his ear. Big and bright. Ugly.

He stares at himself until his reflection starts to blur, and then he realizes he's crying. People will know he's a monster now. He sure looks like one.

Dad's gonna be mad at me. He wipes his face on his shirt (one of Hope's old band tees) and whimpers when it drags against the cut.

Of course, Hope hears him and opens the door immediately. "Remus, are you alright, pl-" She stops mid sentence when he looks at her, his face screwed up, and starts sobbing.

"I'm ugly," he chokes, and she nearly bursts into tears as she kneels in front of him.

"No you aren't. You're my boy, okay? No matter what. I don't care how scratched up you get," she whispers, cupping his cheek. Remus can tell she's holding back tears and he has to squeeze his eyes shut. He's such a baby. "I think you look badass."

Remus whimpers and flings his arm around her neck. Her collar is immediately wet with tears and she laughs weakly, hugging him tightly. "Don't tell your dad I said that."

"I won't," he mumbles, his face pressed into her shoulder. She picks him up and they sit on the couch together, waiting for Lyall to come home from work. Eventually Remus falls asleep.

Lyall is the opposite of mad, and Remus wakes up in his bed with a box of chocolate bars at his feet.