Chapter 1

She walked through the crowded hallway in the early morning. Her feet dragging against the dirty tiles with her grip loose on the straps of her backpack with one hand, while the other brushed her fingers through her bangs, smoothing it down.

She cursed windy days like these. Her control to tame her bangs was clearly non existent. And it embarrassingly shows at the end of the day. She somehow always ends up having a lions mane. If a certain someone didn't love her hair so much, she would've considered shaving her head a long time ago.

Useless chatter echoed all around by students she was either acquainted with or had no care for with her head ducked down, watching her worn out sneakers naturally walking towards her locker. And, as she lifted up her gaze, a sigh escaped her plumped lips as she opened her locker door.

Mondays, she hated them. Mondays meant school, and school was equal to a fiery pit of hell.

Education, who needs it?

Lisa flickered her doe eyes to the side and scoffed under her breath with an eye roll from the sight of a group of football jocks shoving each other around while laughing stupidly along with cheerleaders giggling a little too loudly for her liking.

Right, idiots do.

As she was sliding off her jacket and shoving the jean like material into her locker, she grumbled lowly in annoyance, already dreading the day. She was mentally blaming herself for feeling so tired. For someone as "smart" as her, her decision in binge watching her favorite TV series all night told her otherwise.

Lisa was sincerely considering in ditching school, till she felt a pair of soft, gentle hands covering her eye sight paired with her favorite fresh scent and a heart stopping giggle.

"Guess who?" Lisa felt her body automatically shiver by the warm breath tickling her ear and felt a smile creep in, loving the flutter in her chest. She feigned a look of confusion and hummed,

"Hmmm, considering the small size of these hands..." A gasp cut her off. Hands were removed which had Lisa chuckling and closing her locker door after taking out a book and shoving it into her bag. And, after sliding her arm through the strap of the bag, she turned around to be face to face with her best friend. More like her cute pout.

"My hands are not that small!" the older one whined, arms crossed in front of her in a cute manner. Lisa laughed, leaning back against the cool steel,

"Sure, Jennie...sure.." She then opened her arms, "Now, are you going to hug me now or later?" Lisa teased. Jennie playfully rolled her eyes and remained rooted to the floor with the same cute pout.

"Maybe never," she challenged. Lucky for her, Lisa loved a challenge. The taller one chuckled while extending both her hands forward and placing it on Jennie's hips. With a slight squeeze, Lisa gently pulled her closer till the small frame was flushed against her body.

"Come on.. you know you love my hugs. You've told me yourself." Lisa could see the corners of Jennie's pretty pink lips flinching, trying to fight back a smile. The taller one grinned sheepishly and lifted her hands to uncross the brunettes arms. She then brought Jennie's arms up to lock around her neck before letting go and placing her hands back onto slender hips. "You know you want to Nini.."

And seeing the cat like eyes suddenly meet her own with a bright glint, Lisa smiled in victory. It was the older ones favorite endearment. Jennie laughed lightly with an eye roll, tightening her hold around Lisa's neck. The blonde could feel her fingers twirling the hair on the back of her neck, a habit Jennie had.

"No fair, you know I'm weak when you use that name on me." She mumbled out, leaning forward and hiding her face in Lisa's neck. Lisa laughed and pulled her closer, loving the way the smaller one melted against her.

A perfect fit.

"How was your weekend?" Lisa asked pulling back slightly only  to stare at the beauty, her tone no longer playful but soft. Always soft for this woman in front of her. And as she watched Jennie gnaw on her bottom lip, trying to remember her weekend, Lisa took the chance to admire every single detail of the girls face.

Jennie was breathtakingly beautiful. She had long, brown hair that flowed naturally down her back while the front part of her hair was shorter. It framed her face gently, showing off her jawline. Her cheeks may have lost a bit of fat as time passed but it still stayed soft and fluffy. Jennie always hated her cheeks but Lisa was obsessed with them. She would kiss and pinch it every chance she got. And her brown eyes were sharp and feline shaped. They were the sexiest eyes Lisa has ever seen. From her cute and pretty nose, to her pretty lips, Lisa never believed in perfection till she laid eyes on this girl.

Compared to her, Lisa was more on the tall, skinny, lanky side whereas Jennie was shorter with soft curves... okay to get to the point, she was extremely sexy in Lisa's eyes. A true beauty.

It's a shame she was taken.

Jennie shoulders lifted up and down, fingers reaching up to comb through the blonde bangs,

"Broke up with Kai."

Never mind.

"Oh?" She couldn't stop the grin from widening, and surprisingly Jennie mirrored that grin. She leaned up  on her tip toes and booped their noses together with a giggle.

"Yup!" She replied before resting her cheek onto Lisa's chest. Lisa smiled then looked over to the side, only to see the said ex sending daggers their way. His glare should've sent a wave of fear to flow through her but instead it had her sticking out her tongue catching him by surprise. She chuckled before sliding her hands up Jennie's soft curves to her hands that were still around her neck. She took the older ones hands down and squeezed them.

"Shall we go?"

Jennie smiled before letting go of the taller ones hands to wrap her arm around the slender waist. Lisa then draped her arm over Jennie's shoulder and felt a goofy grin grow the moment Jennie reached up towards the hand on her shoulder with her free hand to intertwine their fingers.

Friends can do this...right?