Chapter 14

A week.

It had been a whole week since Lisa had talked to Jennie. Was Lisa avoiding Jennie? Of course not. If anything, she was trying to talk to her, see her even. She just wanted to see the girl smile again. Because, as far as she could see, Jennie refused to meet her eyes or even show a hint of happiness.

Lisa liked seeing Jennie happy.

"Any luck?" Jisoo asked through the cellphone. Lisa sighed and gripped onto the device even tighter. She laid on the bed staring at the ceiling before covering her sight with her arm, blocking the bright light. She hated how bright it was, it gave her a headache. And, the only light she needed was Jennie.

"No," she replied flatly. Her reply had her hearing Jisoo puffing out a sigh of her own. Lisa tried everything. Tried talking to her at school, calling her, texting her. She even she tried going to her house but was sent away by either her parents (who very much looked sad for her) or by the silence.

"I miss her Chu," Lisa whispered, not even sure if Jisoo could hear her, hear the weak tone she had. But, with the way Jisoo sighed again, she knew the older one could heard it. Either way, she didn't care if she did. All she cared about was her.

"She'll come around Lali. Just try to be patient with the girl, you know her. She's not good with talking about her problems. Hence to why were in this predicament in the first place. Ugh!" Jisoo groaned in annoyance. It slightly caused a small, amused grin to grow on Lisa's lips. "If you both just freaking confessed instead of playing this damn weird flirting, push and pull game..."

Lisa snorted, "With the way things went on before, it kind of makes it hard to believe Jennie has feelings for me." Which was true. How would she have known? Why couldn't Jennie just tell her? "Why couldn't she just tell me?" Lisa asked, hoping just to hear the right thing. She needed to hear it.

"Why couldn't you?" Lisa stayed silent. Jisoo gave her another moment before continuing. It was like the momentary silence was for Lisa to understand every single word. To process it all.

"She had the same reasons that you have. She's scared. You're scared. You both are so scared that you'll ruin whatever you guys have. But, at the end of the day, you both know that all you want, all you really want is to be with each other but that fear you both are holding is refraining you both from even trying. So answer me this, do you love Jennie?"

Lisa didn't even hesitate when she answered, "Yes." She dropped her arm from her face and felt a small smile paint her lips, "I'm so in love with her Chu."

She could hear a chuckle through the phone, "Okay then, tell me why you haven't told her?" Lisa's smile wavered. She sat up and leaned her back against the bed frame, eyes cast down to the her hand that fiddle with the hem of her shirt.

"Well, it was just like you said," Lisa eyes slowly looked up towards her wall and stared at the picture of Jennie smiling brightly at the camera. "I'm scared to ruin the friendship."

"But, how long will you let that fear control your life?"

Lisa puffed out air and brushed her fingers though her hair, "I..." before she could finish, her door bell went off. And, because her mother was out with her father for their weekly date night, she knew she had to, unfortunately, check who it is.

"Hold on, someone's at the door," She grumbled out, already sliding off the bed. Jisoo hummed in understanding as the blonde made her way to the front door. Hearing her door bell go off again caused her to groan in annoyance as she was about to peak through the peephole, "Who the hell-- oh." Her grip on the door knob stiffened.

"What? Who is it?"

Lisa sucked in a breath, "It's her." Her heart hammered so loudly that she could feel the harsh rhythm vibrating throughout her whole being. "It's Jennie," she answered breathlessly."

There, right being the wooden door, stood a small brunette, looking down and fidgeting in her stance nervously. It was her, the girl that she's been wanting to talk to all week. But why was she finding it hard to even open the door? It was the fear again. If it wasn't for Jisoo, she would have taken off her hand from the door knob and hide into her room.

"Then why the hell are you still talking to me?! Answer the door idiot!"

Lisa gulped and nodded, "R-Right..answer the d-door.." she said rather breathlessly.

"Oh! And Lisa? I need you to remember something."

"What?" Lisa asked, never removing her gaze form the beautiful girl behind the door. She looked as scared as Lisa felt.

"You won't ever find out anything if you continue to let that fear hold you back." And, with that said, Lisa was left to hear the dead tone of the phone. Jisoo hung up and left her to finally face her own fear. So, she did what she knew she had to do.

With one last in take of a nervous breath, Lisa opened to the door and was face to face with Jennie who looked as if she was ready to leave it wasn't for her. The brunette completely faced her with eyes that looked fearful and oh so vulnerable. But, when Lisa smiled, that fear completely varnished and the look in Jennie's eyes turned bright.

There's my light.