Chapter 7

Believe it or not, Jennie is an absolute softy. Hard to believe with her cold, cat like eyes, but no one knew her like Lisa did. Jennie loved everything and anything cute, despite her aura. She enjoyed sweets, mainly ice cream. Yeah, Lisa knew Jennie better than anyone else. Not even Jisoo or Chaeyoung knew that Jennie cries over Disney movies. Which is why Lisa also knew something was off with the brunette.

"Nini?" Lisa called out, reaching up to place a strand of Jennie's loose hair behind her ear, causally grazing her thumb against the shell of her ear. Jennie's eyes looked distant as they sat beside each other under a tree just outside of the school. She watched as Jennie's deep brown eyes were solely focused down on the green grass under them. Watched as the silent brunette picked on the green plant with a soft sigh escaping her lips.

"What's on your mind?" Lisa whispered, afraid to speak any louder. She wanted to avoid breaking the peaceful atmosphere around them. She slid her fingers tips down her soft, brown hair and played with the ends while her eyes remained glued onto Jennie's lovely features. Delicate, soft but sad, vulnerable.

"Miyeon, she seems nice," her pitch sounded slightly higher and cautious. Lisa's stare turned curious, her head tilted to the side lightly. She scooted closer to the older one till their thighs pressed together. She could almost sigh in true bliss and melt into Jennie if it wasn't for the slight frown on the pink lips.

"Yeah, she is." Was the only thing Lisa could muster out. She didn't know if it was the right thing to say or not. She was just extremely confused with the topic. Apparently, however, it seemed as if Lisa said the wrong thing, based on Jennie's frown deepening even more. What was going in her pretty head?

"And, pretty?" Why did it seem like Jennie was asking that rather than making a simple statement. Lisa was more confused as ever at this point, especially when Jennie had yet to lift her eyes up to meet Lisa's, but maybe Lisa was okay with it. Because, if she had locked their eyes together, and if Lisa saw any hint of sadness in her sharp brown eyes, she might kiss her and taste her strawberry flavored gloss.

"Is somebody crushing on the new girl?" Lisa opted in teasing. That definitely eased the tension on Jennie's shoulders and, finally, she lifted her head to meet Lisa's curious gaze. The older one snorted and rolled her eyes with a light grin while taking a hold of Lisa's hands from her own hair. She held it over her thigh and intertwined their fingers together,

"As if, she's not that pretty," she pouted, leaning her head on Lisa shoulder's and puffing out air. Lisa felt a laugh bubbling up from her chest and chuckled, squeezing her hand, letting her thumb trace circles on Jennie's palm,

"Then why ask?" Lisa asked, genuinely curious. She could feel Jennie's grip tighten and her body stiffen for just a moment. In that second, Lisa held her breath, afraid that she had something wrong. But, feeling Jennie's body soften and melt into her own body again, Lisa could feel her muscles instantly relax. Well, slightly.

"I just wanted to know if you thought she was pretty." The tone in her voice clenched Lisa chest. She sounded so small and fragile. Maybe even terrified created on the shakiness of her voice. Lisa pressed a lingering kiss on the top of Jennie's head and inhaled her flowery scent she's grown addicted to.

"I think you're pretty," Lisa whispered against her hair. She pulled back and when she saw the light in her favorite brown eyes, she knew she said the right thing. She let out a soft giggle and pressed another kiss on Jennie's forehead before pulling away and motioning for them to stand up, "We should probably head back, practice should be starting soon."

Jennie pouted but stood up nonetheless. Lisa stared at the pout and licked her own lips. They tingled in need to feel it, to taste it. But, if it wasn't for her text tone going off, who knows what she would've done to those pouty lips.

She looked down to her phone screen and chuckled seeing Minnie's text message,

Minnie: Hurry your ass up! I need to give you a big hug for introducing me to the new girl. I think I'm in love! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Who's that?" Jennie asked, trying to take a peak at Lisa's phone screen. Lisa thought it through and decided against telling Jennie about Minnie's crush. She rather watch it play out in front of her before telling her best friend. She doesn't want to jinx Minnie's future love life because, well, how else will she be able to attend their wedding? So, Lisa simply shrugged and placed her phone back into her pocket.

"No one in particular." Jennie stared at her with a perked eyebrow, scanning Lisa's giddy features before frowning slightly. The brunette let out another breath before taking Lisa's hands into her own and leading them both back into the school.

They silently made their way into the gym, and when they did Lisa could feel Jennie's hold on her hand suddenly tighten and stopping midway in the gym. Lisa stopped beside her and looked down Jennie's face and scrunched her eyebrows together seeing her face looking slightly troubled. She followed the older ones gaze only to see Miyeon sitting on the benches, sending a friendly smile towards their way.

Considering the scowl on Jennie's face as Miyeon descended from the benches and skipped their way, Lisa sensed danger.

Oh dear...

"Hey Lis!" Lisa didn't show it but she definitely winced internally from the nickname, especially with the way Jennie scoffed under her breath for only Lisa to hear. "I didn't know you play basketball too!" She looked excited and had a wide, charming smile. Contagious? Yes.

Lisa smiled wide in return and nodded, "I do, for a while now actually. What're you doing here by the way?" She asked with a tilt of her head. Miyeon motioned with her thumb and pointed towards Minnie who was practicing layups with the widest grin.

"Minnie invited me to watch!"

"That's great! I hope you enjoy our practice and I promise we won't bore you too much," she chuckled. Miyeon places her hand over her lips and giggled causing Lisa's smile to widen automatically and unintentionally. The girl was just too angelic for her own good.

"I highly doubt that."

Before Lisa could playfully retort, she felt Jennie's hand swiftly slide out of her hand. Lisa turned to look at Jennie and felt helpless watching the smaller girl stomping her way towards the benches with her arms crossed.

"One moment," she exasperated to Miyeon. She didn't bother waiting for a response because she was already rushing towards her best friend. Lisa quickly placed her arms around Jennie's waist and hugged her tightly, burying her face into Jennie's neck.

Jennie's body stiffened and tried to fight through Lisa's arms in protest but knowing she was weaker than the taller one, Jennie simply sighed and leaned her back against Lisa's chest.

"You seemed to be enjoying that conversation, I didn't want to interrupt," Jennie muttered out. Lisa chuckled before nuzzling her nose against Jennie's skin, loving the goosebumps that grew afterwards.

"I would've enjoyed it more if you were the one speaking," Lisa commented before pacing a soft kiss on her neck. She pulled back and turned Jennie around to face her and smiled down at her tiny pout. Lisa couldn't help but brush her nose again Jennie's. And, watching the color pink spread across the girls cheek, Lisa giggled and pulled away, walking backwards to the court,

"Sleepover tonight?" Lisa asked. Jennie seemed to snap herself out of whatever she was in and sent a small, timid smile her way and wordlessly nodded her head which caused Lisa to smile even wider.

God, Lisa was so whipped.