Chapter 16

It was finally happening.

Lisa never expected the night to turn out the way it had. She expected to be crying under her blankets, hoping to have a better day tomorrow. Hoping to see the woman she loves. But after a week, she was now (finally) seated in front of the woman who had been in the center of her mind instead of dreaming of her, hoping for her.

So, now, both were seating next to each other on the couch. Not too close but not too far. They drank their coffee quietly, eyes never landing on each other, lost in thought.

From the corner of Lisa's eye, Jennie looked as still as a statue, stuck in her own pretty head. Her hair was a curtain, covering the side of her delicate face. Her head tilted down, watching the steam swirl above her mug. So lost in thought.

Placing her mug down on the table in front of them, Lisa finally looked over with a soft smile. She lifted her hand and gently placed Jennie's brown locks behind her ear. Jennie tensed up, but when Lisa's thumb caressed her ear with a feather like touch, the older one softened and leaned into it. Lisa's chest felt light.

And what felt like an eternity, Jennie turned her face to look directly at the blonde who's hand stilled in her hair. But, when Jennie's eyes held something warm and loving, Lisa scooted closer and continued to caress her slightly pink ear. It had Jennie smiling lightly and scooting closer as well till their thighs were pressed together. Lisa couldn't help but sigh in content.

"So.." Lisa whispered with a small grin. A light caress of pink graced Jennie's fluffy cheeks as she mirrored that same charming grin.

With a perked eyebrow and an amused smile, Jennie asked, "So?"

Lisa's smile widened, maybe even turned slightly smug,

"You like me."

Jennie's eyes widened and the blush on her cheeks darkened in color. Her mouth opened and closed repeatedly, but no words escaped her pretty pink lips. She was flustered for sure.

It was an adorable sight.

Lisa studied her eyes with a softer smile that broke Jennie's surprise but not her shyness. Jennie shifted and cleared her throat, her gaze falling off of Lisa and looking back down. She placed her mug down and fiddled with her fingers nervously right after.

"Y-Yes," she squeaked out before clearing her throat, blush deepening even more with avoiding eyes. Lisa felt her own cheeks flushing a scarlet color. Her heart picked up its pace but in the most safest way.

Lisa smiled, "Since when?" she spoke gently and quietly. The atmosphere felt light and just so beautiful. Jennie swallowed nervously and stayed silent. But, when Lisa moved her finger tips along her cheeks, tracing the blush and feeling the warmth of Jennie's skin, the brunette relaxed and looked over with eyes that held so much affection and love and Lisa was swooning.

Jennie snorted, "I guess I wasn't obvious enough." Lisa chuckled and continued to watch her finger tips dance along her skin. It had Jennie take in a sharp breath but exhale so slowly as if she was relieved. She looked as if she was home, safe.

"I guess it started the day you made me drop my ice cream." Lisa's eyes widened and Jennie just giggled so cutely. Jennie took the hand that froze on her face and held it on her lap, and fiddling her fingers with Lisa's. Their natural habit. Jennie took in a deep breath as Lisa remained silent but focused.

"I was having a terrible day that day. My parents were fighting in the car after they bought me ice cream." Jennie frowned and furrowed her eyebrows together. Lisa took notice of that and slowly intertwined their fingers together, hoping to put a stop to any in coming pain the smaller one was about to feel. And, with the way Jennie squeezed their hands together, she knew she did something right.