Holiday Special 4

The next day, Nishikata brought Takagi to visit one of his parents friends. Nishikata's father had met them when he studied abroad in America for one year.

???: "Hey Nishikata, how are ya'? You've grown so much! And this must be your girlfriend, pleased to meet you, I'm Dave."

NISHIKATA: "I've been doing well, so how have you been?"

DAVE: "Well work's been busy, but I think I'm up for a big promotion."

NISHIKATA: "That's amazing!"

DAVE: "Anyway, enough about me, tell me, what's life been like in Japan? Also do you want any drinks?"

NISHIKATA: "Um well, we've bought a car, I have a job as a teaching assistant in a middle school for P.E., though I might be able to get a proper position next year, and I'll have a lemon made thanks."

DAVE: "Sure, and what would you like young lady?"

TAKAGI: "I'll have a lemonade too thanks!"

DAVE: "So how did you guys meet?"

NISHIKATA: "Well we met back on our first day of middle school, and we were good friends, but we only began dating after the summer festival in our second year."

DAVE: "So What did you say to her?"

NISHIKATA: *blushes* "Actually, Takagi was the one who asked me out."

DAVE: "What? Come on Nishikata!"

TAKAGI: "Why don't you tell him about what you said when you proposed to me?"

DAVE: "Wait, What?! You're engaged? Wow, you have so much filling in to do."

They spoke for hours until Dave began to barbecue some food. Nishikata and Takagi were sitting on the lawn next to each other and Takagi leaned on Nishikata's shoulder and whispered,

TAKAGI: "I love you."

NISHIKATA: "Me too..."

DAVE: "Well, look at you two lovebirds, thought I'd tell you that the burgers are ready."

NISHIKATA. *blushes* "Um sure yeah thanks."

They stayed for another hour until they decided to head home, so that they could get a good night's sleep.