New Place and College

It was a very good morning in the new place of mine that is in South Korea for the first time on my homeland of my parents, as before I was living with my parents in London. I had to come here because of my uncle who passed away a few days ago, my mom insisted me to live with my aunt as they were not having children.

At first, I disagreed with my parents, but later I was forced to come to Korea. I landed in the Incheon International airport and I picked up my luggage and walked to the lounge, where my aunt was waiting for me and by noticing me, she called my name "Choi Aera" I looked at her and smiled and waved at her and moved towards her, suddenly one of my bags slipped which was on the top from the lot of the bags which held on the trolley where many of my luggage were present.

Unknowingly, that bag's zip was opened and the things in that fell on the ground, so I bend to pick them up, where I bumped at someone and without even looking that person, as I was busy in picking up my things and I said "SORRY" in English as I was not that fluent in Korean even though my parents were very much fluent as that was there mother language. The guy suddenly bent down and started to pick my things and gave them to me with a big smile on his face. When I was about to tell him 'Thank You for the help', he just went off in a rush. That moment, I wondered why was I so ignorant at the moment I said 'sorry' to him without even looking at his face.

When I was about to move to my aunt, I saw a photo and picked it up and looked around to see that guy who just helped me. But he was nowhere to be seen. In that pic, there was a little cute child and a lady holding that child's hand.

"Miss you Eomma.......Saranghae❤ "

 was written on the backside of the photo. I thought this maybe the photo of his and his mother. I placed it in my hand bag and went to my aunt.

My aunt hugged me and asked me how was the journey and I told her it was so tiring flight of more than 11 hours. She told me that I can rest in the house and lead my way to her car to leave for her house, and now mine also.

***

We went home and the house was not that big as mine in London, but it was convenient for two members to live in. She showed my room and I went inside there, which was fully arranged in pink as usually girls like that colour. But I won't like that colour, still I adjusted to that colour and the room was actually good and well set according to my preferences. I just fell on my bed to have a nap as I was completely tried from my journey.

"Aera ah.....wake up!! It's already 2 pm now. Wake up darling, you need to join you to the university. You need to go to college from tomorrow right....il-eona!!!" I heard this and opened my eyes and saw my aunt caressing my cheeks, which made me remember my mom who does the same thing during waking me up.

I got dressed and came to the hall, where my aunt was setting the dining table to have lunch and after having the lunch together, she suddenly told me "You call me 'Imo' and start using more Korean words and after your college you will be going to have Korean language classes. It will be beneficial for you even in the college." I agreed to her and went off for the university.

On the way, I asked Imo that which are the top universities in Korea as I was new there? She said that most top university in Korea is Seoul National University and my score in my plus 2 and the 2 years of my Engineering can offer this university only and we might not have the chance to tour for other universities, and we headed straight there that is the Gwanak Campus, the main campus, is located in the southern part of Seoul.