3. Aliens?

2012.

Her phone rang. She looked up from where she was working on her car and found that it was Fury.

"Ah, our fearless leader. I'm guessing this isn't a pleasure call."

"You would assume correctly. I need you at our research labs.  You know the one," Fury said.

"Location?"

"Roof."

"Alright. I got you," she said, getting up from bed and getting dressed quickly. She didn't pack her standard fare of weapons, just her Angel Blade. She unfurled her wings, shaking out the grey plumes as she prepared for take off. She extended her wings, cracking her neck, and she took off.

She felt the wind in her hair as she breathed fresh air, and started to dive towards the research center. She saw a helicopter landing on the roof, and she landed right next to Agent Coulson.

"Agent Coulson."

He started slightly. "Still not used to you doing that, Agent Christo."

She chuckled. "It was the fastest way to get here."

Fury and Agent Hill got out of the chopper, the former asking, "How bad is it?"

"That's the problem, sir, we don't know," Coulson responded.

"Ash. Glad to see you could make it here."

"Glad I could be of assistance. What am I here for?"

"Figured it would be your thing," Coulson said, smiling a bit at her.

"What's the situation?"

"Energy source called the Tesseract. If you'd follow me," he said, leading everyone to the lab.

Asterin decided to listen instead of asking questions. She didn't know the exact situation, but she figured that was the best way to learn about it.

Hill and Coulson were ordered elsewhere, and Asterin followed Fury to an underground lab. Her feathers bristled as she took in the energy. Her heat tilted and her eyebrows creased as she assessed the situation.

"I don't like this," she murmured.

"Glad we're in consensus," Fury snarked. "Dr. Selvig."

"Director Fury, the Tesseract is misbehaving," an older gentleman told Fury. "Who's she?" He asked, gesturing to Asterin.

"Agent Ashley Christo. I deal with inexplicable happenings."

The doctor allowed himself a small laugh. "Doctor Selvig. Could have used you in New Mexico."

"Well, my apologies. I was busy."

"With what, might I ask?"

"Respectfully, Dr. Selvig, this is not what I'm here for. You said the...cube was misbehaving. What did you mean by that?" She responded, thinking back to the Leviathans.

"Well, simply put, the Tesseract is an energy source. We tried to turn it off, but-"

"It turned itself back on. Are the energies harmful?"

"Well...she's throwing off radiation. Nothing harmful, just enough to mess with our calculations, and traces of Gamma-"

"Isn't that harmful?"

"In large amounts."

"Where's Barton?" Fury asked.

"The Hawk?" Selvig asked dryly. "In his nest."

Fury called Barton down, and he and Asterin nodded to each other as Ash walked to investigate the cube.

It was unlike any other energy source that she had seen.

There was a faint humming coming from the cube as she observed. Barton and Fury walked towards the cube as well.

The thing that got Ash's attention was Barton saying, "Well, the cube is a door to the other side of space. Doors open on both sides."

She tilted her head. A buzzing filled her ears. "Move," she said, pushing Fury and Barton out of the way. A beam erupted from the Tesseract, opening a portal across the room. A man exited the portal.

At least, that's what he seemed like.

She straightened, her wings spreading as she saw the perceived threat, feathers bristling. The man looked at her, and he saw her wings. He scanned the room.

The trance was broken by Fury shouting, "Sir, please, put down the spear."

He looked down, seeing a spear with a blue jewel. He looked up again, and fired a blast of energy towards Fury. Barton tackled him out of the way. Ash pulled Selvig out of the line of fire, kicking over a desk. "Stay here," she ordered, rolling to the right. She peaked out around another desk. Pulling out her pistol and waiting for the fighting to abate.

Everything went silent. "Don't be afraid," an unfamiliar voice urged.

Asterin looked up, standing from her hideout. "Of you?"

"Yes. Truly, I mean these people no harm," he murmured.

"Then why did you...shoot? Energy blast? Energy blast Fury?"

"I perceived him as a threat. Surely, you understand that."

"Who are you?" She asked, putting away her gun.

"I am Loki."

"Oh, you knew Gabriel, then."

"Knew?"

"Last I checked, he was dead."

"Shame," Loki said.

"Why are you here? I'm guessing you're not here for afternoon tea?" Ash said, using a mocking British accent at the end.

Loki chuckled, looking down. "I am here on a mission."

"What mission?"

"Humans...they're meant to be ruled. You know this as an angel, don't you?"

"I haven't been an angel long."

"Oh? I was not aware angels were made," he murmured thoughtfully.

"I think I'm a special case."

"How so?"

"Save that for the third date," she said coyly.

He laughed a bit. "Well, this is pleasant, but...I'm afraid this was all a distraction. I know you can escape, but that you have power and knowledge, potentially enough to incapacitate me. If you don't leave now, you may die."

"Eh...I've done it before. It never agreed with me."

"I enjoy your company, Asterin Winchester. I hope that we meet again."

His form flickered, and disappeared. The lab was in chaos.

The portal had moved to the ceiling, and she knew it was going to be overloaded with energy soon.

There was nothing to be done except for flying out.

___

Her phone rang again.

"Fury?"

"Winchester. Did you get out?"

"Yes sir. Did you?"

"Yes. I have an assignment for you. In Calcutta. There's a man named Doctor Banner. You need to bring him in."

"Yes sir. I'll get on that. Is transport provided or should I go myself?"

"We have a jet sent, I figured you'd be able to go yourself."
"Yes sir. I'll meet up with them when I get there."

_____

About to meet some other friends!

:D

If you couldn't tell I'm really happy with my fic.