14. How to Kill a Hydra

A bucket of water woke her up. She blinked the water out of her eyes, startled when she couldn't move her arms.

She was tied to a chair in a sterile white room with a mirror.

She guessed it was a standard one way mirror.

"So...is whoever doused me with water gonna show themself?" She blinked, allowing herself to switch from 'facial view' as she called it to 'soul view.'

There were two people on the other side of the glass. "I know someone's there, I didn't get dumped with water out of the blue." She shook her wings out to try to keep them from getting wet.

"Asterin Winchester," a familiar voice called.

"Alexander Pierce. Always knew there was something off about you. Why are you keeping me here?"

"You're the one that came to investigate the new technology we've been testing out."

Asterin blinked. "What?"

"The facial changing technology, how did you know about it?"

"Dude, what the hell are you talking about? I was sent out by Fury-"

"Asterin, there's no reason for you to lie to us."

"Who is us, exactly?"

Pierce looked at his companion. "Have you heard of HYDRA?"

"I'm guessing you don't mean the monster from Hercules."

"And from what I've heard you have much experience with monsters."

Shit.

"Dude, what are you on? Monsters aren't real." The pit in her stomach said otherwise.

"You seemed pretty interested when we gave you that call for a shapeshifter."

Her face didn't change, but she would not disclose any information. Her phone chose that moment to ring.

"Are you gonna get that?" Asterin taunted.

Pierce presumably hit a button that patched the call through.

"Yo, Ash, I've been texting you. You ok?"

"Yeah, I'm good. I've been driving, got something to do in a funky little town, I told you in my message, didn't I?"

A beat. "Right. And how was your, uh, shower, again? It had gotten backed up, didn't it?" This was Dean's roundabout way of asking if she could fly out, seeing how when her wings were wet, she couldn't fly.

"Nah, I'm good. Just paid someone to help me out with it." Hopefully Dean got that this was her saying that she was on an actual job, not just a hunt.

"Well, if you say so."

"RIght. See you, Dean."

"See you, Ash." Dean clicked off.

"Now what, Pierce?"

"Well, now you are going to work for us."

"Or?"

"Or what?:

"If I don't?"

The two looked at each other. Clearly they hadn't thought that far ahead. "We'll persuade you."

"I've been known to be very stubborn." By this time she had slipped her wrists through the ropes that had bound her.

"We are very persistent."