41. Don't You Cry No More

Castiel sat in the chair next to Asterin's hospital bed, watching as the woman recovered from her ordeals.

Motion caught his eyes from the door, and he looked up to see Sam and Dean.

"Hey," Sam greeted quietly. "Any changes?"

Castiel shook his head. "No."

The brothers sat down in two other chairs that were in the room and the trio sat in silence, the beeping of the machines monitoring Asterin's health the only sound.

"Do you...remember anything from when you were...dust? Or was it just instant?"

"I remember a few things," Cas admitted. "We were in the bunker. We just...followed you two."

"Was anyone else there?" Sam asked.

"The kid that found Asterin-Peter, I believe was his name- Asterin brought him to us, she heard him praying for help."

"How'd she know him before?"

Castiel shrugged. "I'm not sure. Neither of them specified."

"How'd he end up with you two?"

___

Asterin was in the bunker.

This in and of itself wasn't too strange, but...

Wasn't she supposed to be dead?

"Hello?" She called cautiously.

"Ash," A relieved sounding Castiel said.

"Cas?" The angel was in his usual formalwear, minus the coat. "Aren't we supposed to be dead?"

"Supposedly, but, you're a Winchester. You don't die."

"Same for you."

Castiel reddened. "You...you remembered that, didn't you."

"You finally admitted your feelings for Dean, of course I remembered that."

'Uh, Asterin? I don't know if you can hear me...' The words were faint, but she could hear it. She turned her head to where she thought the words were coming from.

"What?" Cas asked.

"A prayer?"

'I need help? I don't know what happened, I was just in space, now I'm in Central Park, I don't know what's happening, I know you said you were an angel, I need-'

"I'll be back. There's something I need to check on," Ash said, stepping backward and thrusting her wings downward. She spiraled into the sky, flying to Central Park, finding a familiar teenager in a collared shirt and crewneck, bouncing from person to person.

"Please? Can no one see me? Can no one hear me? Please?" The boy cried.

Asterin landed, calling. "No one can hear you, then?"
He whirled around, face falling in relief. "Ms. Ash, you gotta help me, no one can see or hear me, Aunt May-She's-" He fought what seemed to be a sob.

Ash put her hands up placatingly. "Calm down. I'll get you somewhere safe."

"Why can't they hear me?" He asked, voice small like a child's.

"Astral projection." Peter seemed confused. "Out of body experience?" He shook his head. "Alright. I'll explain when we get back."

"Back where?"