15. You (not you) Are Cordially Invited...

There had been a lull in cases, so Asterin finally started that garden she'd been meaning to do. Nothing too big, just a few little terra cotta pots with flower seeds, theoretically daisies, if the package was correct.

No one knows though.

She was listening to her music, sprawled on her bed with her feet near the headboard, rolling skein of yarn into a ball, absently singing along to Panic! At the Disco, who was singing about some shitty motel on the corner of Fourth and Fremont.

The door opened, and Ash lolled her head over the side of her bed, making eye contact with Dean. "Phone," he said, tossing her her flip phone.

"Thank," she said, flipping it open to answer. "Yello, Asterin Winchester. If you have this number, you know the deal. What's the nightmare?" She asked, not moving from her position where she was laying out and making eye contact with Dean, who chucked, shaking his head.

"Well, if you checked the number, you'd know who this is."

She sat up. "Shit, sorry Cap. Sup?"

She turned herself around to see Dean, whose interest was piqued. "Cap, like Captain America?"

"Yes, like Captain America, now shut up, dickwad, it's important," she said, gesturing for him to move along. "These aren't the droids you're looking for."

Dean rolled his eyes exaggeratedly before continuing down the corridor, laughing at his sister.

"Bad time?"

"No, I just left my phone in the kitchen and Dean brought it back, but he was lingering." She blinked, seeing, "I can see you!"

Dean continued laughing, going back to the kitchen.

"Sorry, Cap. Continuing?"

Cap chuckled a bit. "We got the scepter."

"Really?"

"Do you have so little faith in us?"

"How honest do you want me to be?"

"Don't lie to Captain Righteousness, he can smeeeelllllll liieeeeeessss," came a very distinctly loopy voice.

"Is that Barton? Who let him get morphine?"

"Energy blast to the torso."

"Shit, is he ok?"

"Don't worry about me, Asterin...I'm gonna live foreeeeverrr. I'm gonna be made of plaaaaaaastiiiic."

"You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton," she could faintly hear. "Your girlfriend won't be able to feel the difference."

"I don't have a girlfriend," he muttered."

"Well, I can't fix that," the presumed nurse mused.

"Cap, am I on speaker phone?"

"No, what do you want to say about Barton?"

"I mean I was gonna say it about the nurse, but I think I like her."

"Well, the thing is you wanted to investigate the scepter when we got it back in 2012, right?"

"Yeah, am I allowed to do that?"

"Yeah, and well...Stark's throwing a party in three days. I don't know if that's your scene, but you've helped us out before, and I have known you to enjoy free booze."

"Well, that is very true, I do enjoy free booze." Ash got up to pack a duffle. "Three days you said?"

"Yeah, you can come, as far as I know, Stark hasn't redecorated your room."