5. Confrontation

Several hours later, she got the call to 'Suit up.'

That'd be great, if she had an official suit.

She just had glorified cargo pants, a white shirt, and a SHIELD jacket. She used the pockets to store some salt, holy water, her pistols, and her angel blade was wherever it went when it was not in use. She pulled her hair back, and walked to the jet. She saw Captain America, all suited up.

She instantly felt insecure about her choice to put on a blue flannel and a leather jacket instead of the SHIELD jacket.

"Estimated travel time is 2 hours and 21 minutes, so buckle your seatbelts, friends, it will hopefully be a smooth ride," Natasha announced from the cockpit.

"That fast?" Cap asked.

Asterin almost said, "Boy, you think that's fast?" But she bit her tongue to keep herself from saying that for two reasons.

One, the Captain was just defrosted two weeks ago.

Two, no one except for Coulson, Fury, Natasha, and Clint knew she was an angel.

"If anyone wants to get some sleep before we get there, we have two hours or so."

Asterin took off her flannel and balled it up. She curled herself onto the seat she had and used it as a pillow. She rested her head on it, and fell into a nap.

____

She was given a reprieve this morning, and she didn't know why. It only brought anxiety.

She just wanted to see her family again. 

Asterin had been in Hell for 100 years, and this was the first day they had been late with their torture.

Shouting came from the corridor, followed by bright flashes of light. She looked up from where she was tied down on a torture rack, her arms pulled out to the sides as her legs were left dangling. Her blonde hair was matted and dirty as she looked up.

A male walked in, her breath caught in her throat.

He had six wings, a gradient from hot pink to deep red from the base to the tips. He was blond.

"So, you're here to kill me dead, aren't you?" she stated.

"Oh, Asterin, Dear, no, I'm here to help you," he soothed, coming forward to cut her bindings. "You were not meant to be sent here," he murmured as she collapsed, falling into his arms.

"Who are you?" she whispered.

"I'm Lucifer."

Asterin was alarmed, but she couldn't do anything to resist being held. "Hey, no, it's going to be ok, I'm sending you back."

"What?" she asked quietly.

"You were brought down by mistake. You weren't supposed to be here. I'm fixing that for you."

A soft light started to emanate from her. "You'll be sent home to your family. Now, go," he said, holding her gently as her form disappeared into light.

___

"Hey, we're here," Cap said, putting a hand on her shoulder. She was already awake, but she allowed him to think that he woke her up. She stretched, rolling her shoulders, stretching her wings as well to attempt to stretch them out without hitting anything.

"Gotcha," she said, checking her pockets to make sure she had everything. "What's the plan?"

"Loki has a group of people gathered," Natasha started.