37. Whatever It Takes

The next day, after a discussion with Jack, all the Avengers were suited up. Sam and Dean allowed for him to go back with them. Sam and Dean watched Jack go back with Nat and Clint, an unreadable look on their faces that Nat didn't miss.

What were they planning?

"We're a long way from Budapest," Clint remarked as the three hurtled through space.

Nat grinned at him as Jack was mesmerized by the space scape around him.

Little did she know, Steve's words were ringing in Jack's ears.

"One year ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves." Jack had looked to Sam and Dean, who were watching Steve. "Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win." Tony's gaze was locked onto his companion. "Whatever it takes. Good luck."

___

"They're planning something."

"You think so?"

"No other way they'd allow Jack to go back."

___

The trio trekked up the mountain on Morag, Jack having gone silent since they'd gotten out of the ship.

"You know, under different circumstances, this would be totally awesome," Clint mused.

"I bet that racoon didn't have to climb a mountain," Nat grumbled.

"Technically, he's not a racoon.."

"Whatever. He eats garbage."

Jack had been steeling himself for what he was planning to do when a voice began to speak. "Welcome."

Nat and Clint raised their guns at a floating and cloaked individual.

"Natasha, Daughter of Ivan, Clint, Son of Edith." His gaze settled on Jack. "Jack, son of Kelly."

"Who are you?" Nat asked.

"Consider me a guide, for you and all who seek the Soul Stone."

"Oh, good, so you'll tell us where it is, then we'll be on our way," Clint stated.

"Ah, liebchen," their guide stated. "If only it were that easy."

They reached the cliff.

"What you seek lies in front of you. As does what you fear," the guide stated softly.

"The stone is down there?" Nat asked.

"For two of you. In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love. An everlasting change. A soul, for a soul."

Jack swallowed nervously. He'd been expecting that.

"Jesus, maybe he's making this shit up," Clint started.

"No, I don't think so," Nat stated.

"Why? Because he knows your Daddy's name?"

"I didn't," Nat admitted. "Thanos left here with the stone, without his daughter. It's not a coincidence."

"Yeah," Clint muttered.

"Whatever it takes," Natasha murmured.

"Whatever it takes," Clint agreed.

"If we don't get that stone, billions of people stay dead."

"Then I guess we know who it's gotta be," Clint stated.

"I guess we do."

"Yeah, I guess we do," Jack stated, holding up a closed fist before opening it, his power surging forward and pinning Nat and Clint to a wall.

"Jack, what the hell are you doing?" Clint asked.

"I worked it out with Sam and Dean earlier, I'm the most likely to survive this," He admitted.

"Jack, put us down and we can talk about this," Nat started.

"No," Jack told her. He walked toward the edge, glancing over the edge. "I'll be back, don't worry," He said, smiling nervously as he began to separate himself from his body. "I'm a Winchester." He put his arms out before beginning to step out over the edge.

Something kept him from falling.

A yank at the back of his shirt kept him from falling.

He yelped in surprise as he was forcibly turned around.

His eyes widened.

"Lucifer," He said quietly.

"Hello, Jack," He said. Lucifer was inhabiting the body of a dark haired woman, hair short and face amicable. "You're a long way from Earth."

"How are you here-why are you here?" Jack cried.

"I heard my son was doing something stupid. I just had to come back."

"How?"

"Well, last year, Michael got disintegrated. It's been lonely," He admitted. "I got out of the cage, dunno how, and I heard about your little plan to fix everything, so I had to come back and make sure you three stay around, seeing how Cassie's-"

"Don't say his name," Jack warned.

"Touchie subject, isn't it? Well, I'm making sure all three of you get to see him again, do you understand me?" Lucifer let go of Jack, who was forced backward from the cliff's edge. He approached the edge, saying, "See you 'round, kid," Before stepping over the edge, a silver blue light beginning to appear.

Jack's eyes widened and he whipped around to Nat and Clint, who were watching with wide eyes. "Close your eyes!" He yelped, covering his face and looking away. The assassins did as they were told.

The glow faded, and thunder crackled, wind whipping.

Jack blinked, and he was in a pool of water.

An orange stone glowed in his right hand.

I'm willing to bet some of you thought I was gonna kill Jack

To which I say, you fool.

Also sorry I haven't posted for a couple days, I didn't know how to do this chapter.

Peace!