26. Things Are Better If I Stay

They didn't figure it out in the morning.

But they did find a werewolf hunt.

The hunt went well.

Except for the time when one of them slashed Sam's throat.

That was pretty shit.

"Ash!" Dean yelled desperately once his hands were over the wound. John was on his knees next to the boys.

Asterin appeared with a rustle of feathers, forgetting that she was supposed to be hiding her powers because of the desperation in her brother's voice. Her eyes widened.

She sank to her knees and Dean moved his hands from over Sam's wound.

She put her own hands on his throat, and her hands began to glow as the flesh began to knit itself back together.

John stared at her as if she were a stranger.

Ash finished healing Sam, who sat up slowly. Ash rested her hand on Sam's shoulder in case he fell back. "You ok?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah, I think so," Sam answered.

A click of a gun alerted Ash to her own father, leveling the Colt at her head. Ash looked up at him, slowly raising her hands and standing.

"What the hell are you?"

Her stomach dropped. "No, please, I'm still your-"

"Bullshit!"

Dean stepped between the two, gently pushing Ash's hand down and holding it in his left hand. "Dad, I know it's hard to believe, but this is Ash," Dean insisted.

"Last I checked, Ash didn't disappear and reappear on a whim and have glowing hands."

Ash couldn't speak, her voice wouldn't-

"Dad, I know, it's weird, she didn't tell us for a few months because she didn't want us to think she was different from-"

"Step aside, son."

"What?"

"She's not your sister."
Ash's heart plummeted.

She disappeared.

___

Castiel was staying in the bunker, in his room where he had borrowed Ash's laptop to continue watching Sherlock. He heard rustling from Ash's room and was confused. He didn't think they were back yet.

Cas got up and walked to Ash's room to find her frantically packing a duffle bag.

"Ash? What's wrong?" Cas asked, concerned.

Ash's head snapped up, revealing frantic eyes. "Cas, he knows. He knows and-"
"He knows?"
"He aimed the fucking Colt at me!" Ash snapped, throwing her clothes into the duffle with a vengeance.

"I'll help you pack," Cas said quietly, reaching behind a chair to reveal a dusty guitar and quickly disappearing to place it in the trunk of her car.

___

Once packed, Ash looked at Castiel.

She didn't want to leave, but it would be best if she did so that Sam and Dean could convince their fath-

No.

So they could convince John that she wasn't a threat.

She looked at Castiel, and stepped forward to embrace him.

He returned the hug, saying quietly, "Be careful," before walking back to his room.

Ash heard a car in the distance, and she disappeared, bringing her car with her.