chapter one

~~ y/n's pov ~~

"can this class get any more boring?" i thought to myself as my online professor went on about long shots for what felt like days. this class is going to be the death of me.

editing was my passion, but ever since i started college it felt more like a chore. film was fun but college was just not for me; it never was. editing and filmmaking became my escape, but if i didnt get out of this slump soon i was gonna need a new hobby.

"ok class your only homework tonight is to continue on these final films. you only have 2 weeks left so i hope youve been working hard! ill see yall tomorrow." my professors voice woke me out of my daydreaming as his video cut in and out for the hundredth time. i let out a sigh of relief and shut my laptop.

i layed down in my bed and pulled up youtube. id missed some uploads from my old friend george and i wanted to catch up.

my jaw dropped as i saw his stats. HOW DID HE GET SO POPULAR? the last time i saw his videos he had like 10k subscibers max. now he has almost 500k? i guess i had more to catch up on than i thought.

after a couple hours i had finally caught up on all his videos. i was so proud of him. he and his friends had gotten so big and it was so well deserved, those manhunts were so compelling it could be a movie.

i checked my phone for the time and was shocked. it was nearly midnight and i hadnt worked on my project at all. did i really spend that long watching minecraft?

i dragged my feet to my desk and opened my project. i stared at it in disgust when i felt my phone buzz.

-new retweet from GeorgeNotFound-

dreamwastaken: "Hey guys! looking for a new editor for some videos so dm me if youre interested with some things youve done for reference :)"

i shot up in my chair. the chance of editing for dream? the biggest minecraft youtuber in the world right now, plus i knew one of his friends? this was exactly what i needed to get out of my slump.

i went to dm dream but i didnt really know what to say. after a few attempts i finally figured out how to phrase it.

"hey! i saw your tweet about needing an editor and i thought i could be a good fit! ive actually done a video for george and am currently a film major in college. here are some videos ive done! thank you for the consideration."

I linked a few clips of videos i was proud of and sent the dm. i then proceeded to chuck my phone across the room out of fear. i knew i needed to get away from my phone before i deleted the dm and ruined my chances, so i went to take a shower.

after a while i was feeling calm enough to see if there were any updates. i came back into my room to see some new notifications. i took a deep breath as i opened the twitter app and went to take a look.

- 2 dms from georgenootfound

- 1 dm from DreamWasTaken

- new tweet from DreamWasTaken

- 7 likes from DreamWasTaken

what in the world?...