chapter six

~~ y/n's pov ~~

- Sapnap sent you a message -

WHAT.

a shaky hand opened the dm and my eyes flew over the message.

sapnap- hey y/n, i know this might be a little unexpected, and if you cant i totally get it, but i wanted to ask a favor of you. i saw the video you did for dream and was hoping you could lend me a hand too? i can pay you for just this one if you want, or hire you entirely, your call.

It was crazy enough that i was becoming... friends with dream, but now working with sapnap? this couldnt be real life. im just a random college kid who is now becoming associated with like the most upcoming youtubers right now. am i dreaming?

i sat staring at my phone, feeling a massive wave of déjà vu. why was i always so bad at responding to them? sapnap is literally yonger than me, why am i getting nervous?

i threw together a simple response and just stared at my phone in wonder.

"hey! i would love to help you out, it would be my pleasure. just let me know a schedule and run time!"

i had to tell someone, anyone. i decided to text my good friend lauren.

"lauren you wont believe whats happening to me, can we please call? i have so much to catch you up on" i texted her with a grin. within a minute my phone was buzzing.

-

we had been on the phone for an hour, just catching up. we were hometown friends but she moved to California for college. i told her all about dream and sapnap and how sudden it all was. she reassured me that this was good and almost convinced me to fly out to Cali to see her. I miss her so much i really considered it. shes always been such a good friend to me.

"im so sorry y/n, but i gotta go! lets talk again soon, okay?" she asked me excitedly.

"absolutely. later girl" i replied and hung up the phone. i snapped back to reality as i saw 1k+ twitter notifications on the app.

i opened it to see a mention from dream and a bazillion new followers.

"thanks for all the support on new vid everyone! special shoutout to my new editor @ y/u/n, she killed it :)"

i liked the tweet and responded with a polite,

"yeah u know it bitchass im great"

i also noticed a reply from sapnap and george saying,

"shes my editor too hello ur not special bro"

"SHES MY FRIEND NEITHER OF YOU WOULD KNOW HER WITHOUT ME"

this was too funny not to continue so i replied,

"ladies ladies theres no need to fight, theres enough of me to go around <3"

i laughed out loud and eagerly awaited a responce. i finally got to contribute in the infamous reply chains, this was so exciting.

"WHAT DOES THIS MEAN." dream answered almost instantly

"somebody jealous? aww im sorry :(("  i teased back. wasnt expecting him to be the jealous type...

"ouuuuu someones getting jealous, y/n come get ur man" george replied to his tweet and i buried my face in my hands. i couldnt help but feel faint butterflies when he said 'your man' but i couldnt let this happen. it just wouldnt make sense.

"GEORGE. STOP IT."

i wheezed and liked the tweet from dream. i decided not to reply again so i checked my dms quickly. i replied to a few congraulations dms and then opened the new one from sapnap. he had already sent me a video but i was exhasuted. 'ill start tomorrow' i muttered as i layed down in bed.

-

i woke up the next morning to a soft rain outside. this was my favorite weather, perect to edit in. i quickly made my bed and went out to my tiny living room with my laptop. i opened my balcony door to let the cool misty air in and played some soft background music. i settled in to my couch and got to work.

i finished a rough cut of the video and quickly checked my phone. i was somewhat excited when i saw a specific notification i had.

dream: hey, whats your plan for today? u busy?

i sighed a little bit as i realized i was actually busy, i kinda wanted to see what he was going to ask.

y/n: heyy, im editing a vid for sapnap for most of the day, hbu?

dream: eh, nothing really. u want some company?

my heart skipped a beat. i dont know why it too me so off guard but it did. but i mean it makes sense, friends hang out with eachother all the time. he just wanted to hang out as friends, im sure.

y/n: id love some, only one problem. we kinda live far away...

dream: discord call dumbass, ill send u my user one sec

crap a call, would he want to face cam? it would be a face reveal for both of us and im not exactly ready. i was in my editing outfit which consisted of some semi broken glasses, hair falling out of my hairstyle and a crappy sweatshirt. this was what he was gonna get.

y/n: oh how stupid of me

dream: we finally agree on something

i rolled my eyes but couldnt help but smile. i added his discord and prepared for the sight to come.

a ping came from my computer and i saw him for the first time.

holy shit.