chapter two

an: when you see y/u/n that will mean "your username" unless theres a real thing for that and then i will change it :)

~~ dreams pov ~~

i slammed my hands down on my desk. i knew i needed a video to be uploaded soon but i just could not get this one done. i really need an editor.

i went to my phone and opened the dreamteam group chat.

clay: guys can you help me, i rlly rlly need help with this video. i cannot get it done

nick: not me dude, im wayyy to busy with mine

george: i think youre out of luck man

clay: well then wtf am i supposed to do

george: you always say u want an editor, so get one. j make a tweet im sure there are some talented people out there

clay: yeah maybe i will

i closed the group chat and headed to twitter. i typed out a simple tweet, opened my dms and awaited the flood to come.

"Hey guys! looking for a new editor for some videos so dm me if youre interested with some things youve done for reference :)"

lots of message requests came in but i noticed a normal dm first. someone named y/u/n who i had heard a little bit about from george, had dmed me for the first time. 'why not start here' i thought to myself and opened the dm.

"hey! i saw your tweet about needing an editor and i thought i could be a good fit! ive actually done a video for george and am currently a film major in college. here are some videos ive done! thank you for the consideration."

she sent a couple clips which i started to watch. 'these are... amazing' i said under my breath. i sent a quick text to george double checking that this was the girl he had told me about.

clay: hey george, do you know a y/n?

george: yeah she and i used to be pretty close, why?

clay: she sent in a editor application

george: DUDE YOU SHOULD TAKE HER. shes insanely talented and like one of the sweetest girls i know... youd love her. she edited one of my first viral videos.

clay: ok ill def think abt it, i have like 1000 other dms to go through

george: ok but my bets are on her, you wont stop thinking abt her

i chuckled and went back to my dms. i scrolled through them and saw some good ones, but nothing stood out quite like hers did. they kept replaying in my mind, it was just amazing.

i knew my choice. it was too obvious. i closed my dms again and prepared another tweet.

"Thank you all so much for the quick submissions! i have made my decision and will leave it up to said editor if they choose to reveal themselfs. there was some amazing work i saw, keep it up everyone."

i then went to send a follow up dm to y/n.

"these videos are absolutely amazing. i would love to have you be my editor. please let me know your rate and any other things i should know and i look forward to working with you :)"

i figured i should know a little bit about my new editor so i clicked on her account and scrolled for a bit.

she had a little bit of a following and it seemed like she might be a small streamer. i was hoping for a face reveal but there was no luck. i wasnt worried though, im sure id see her soon enough.

as i went down her account i laughed at a lot of her tweets. i was mindlessly liking them and then i realized.

i was liking tweets that were almost a year old now.

what a great first impression.