epilouge

an- i found this old draft, and wanted to post it as a final hoorah! thanks again for all the love.

at this point, dream and y/n have been dating 2 years.

~~ y/n's pov ~~

clay had texted all of us to meet him in the living room for a suprise video he wanted to film. i quickly fixed my hair in the bathroom mirror, checked my mascara and grabbed my chapstick. i put it on as i slid down the hallway and arrived at the couch. i gave clay a quick kiss on the cheek and headed to the kitchen.

he jokingly wiped it off and gave me a grin. this man.

as i walked away, there was a mood shift. i filled up my water bottle and noticed clay seemed nervous about something. he was speaking in a hushed voice to george and it seemed like george was trying to console him. i shot george a confused face, and he shook his head. i guess everything's okay?

i came back over and hugged clay over the couch. "you okay?" i whispered in his ear and he nodded.

"just some funny food for dinner, my stomach doesn't feel great." he answered as i sat back down. i nodded and settled in to start filming.

-

"welcome back guys! today we have a fun video planned, i'm the only one that knows what's going on." clay started on his intro while we sat next to him, waiting for the reveal of what we'd be doing.

"we're going to be doing a who knows me better, my best friends or my girlfriend!"

a huge grin spread on my face; i had this in the bag. even if it was 2 against 1, i could easily beat those knuckleheads. clay handed us boards from behind the couch and we got started.

-

it was the last question. i was ahead of george and nick by 20 points - not to brag or anything - and this last question was worth all or nothing, because they were baby raging.

"that's fine with me, but don't get upset if you lose by 100 instead of 20." i taunted and they grinned evilly at me. not the reaction i was expecting, but i'm always up for a good challenge.

clays hands were shivering as he opened his phone and started to ask the last question.

"okay, this one is a bit random but i've mentioned it to all of you before. i've been waiting for my wedding my whole life, and planned it out in detail. 7 points for every detail that you can name that i also have on my list."

my cheeks turned a little pink as i remembered the night we had talked about this.

"the stars are so beautiful here, i could spend hours watching them." clay said to me as we laid on the roof, late in the night.
"you wanna know a fun fact? i've always wanted to have a nighttime wedding just because of the stars. i think it's so much more romantic than worrying about sweating through my dress." i told him and he thought about what i said.
"that's actually really smart y/n. with like, light lanterns and candles as the only other light source?"
i nodded and closed my eyes, picturing the sight.
"do you have any dreams for your wedding?" i asked quietly, not sure how he'd respond. i didn't think he would be the type to plan it out but he had often surprised me.
"yeah actually. i'd want it to be somewhere in the mountains, with a beautiful view behind us. it'd be close friends and family only. my grandfather would be the minister, he'd always talked about marrying me off."

as i thought back, i wrote back all the details i could remember. george and nick were already finished somehow, but i knew more. i focused again.

" ...at the reception, i don't care about anything but my first dance with my mom. her favorite song was always 'la vie en rose' and i knew that would be the song we danced to. that's about it."
my heart melted as i watched his face light up while he described it. the twinkle in his eyes was ever present, and i fell in love all over again as i just looked at him.
"that sounds beautiful clay."

i wrote the last things down, and closed my marker.

"alright you all done? y/n you show your board first."

i flipped it around, and read off the list. once i was done, i looked back up and looked at clay. his eyes were slightly watery, and he had the biggest smile on his face. he took a deep breath and turned to george and nick.

"okay, your turn guys."

there was one thing written on the board.

'with y/n'

my jaw dropped and i blushed madly. i wanted to write that on my list but i didn't want to make him uncomfortable, but they had done it anyways.

"george and nick, you got it perfectly. congrats."

wait. what?

clay then turned to me and said with a grin and slightly shaky voice,

"sorry y/n you lost all your points. however there is one bonus question you can answer that will win you the entire game."

my breath hitched in my throat and i nodded in agreement.

he reached behind him and started to pull something out.

"y/n, will you make me the happiest man in the world, and marry me?"

i stared at him in disbelief until it clicked in my head. he was looking deep into my eyes, with a beautiful ring in his hand. tears started pouring down my face as my hands came to my face.

i sat there, silently sobbing while clay looked at me with concern.

"is that a yes or..."

i didn't trust my voice, so i furiously nodded my head and extended a shaky hand. he laughed and slid it on my ring finger, and wrapped me in a tight hug.

as we embraced on the couch, it felt like the world had stopped. all that mattered was him and me, right now. he let out a deep breath and whispered those words that always made my heart flip.

"i love you so much y/n."

we pulled apart from the hug, and i pulled his face close to mine. as we kissed, i felt the same warmth and electricity that happened the very first time.

i broke away to catch my breath, when i remembered where we were. before i could move, nick and george piled on top of us and basically hugged the air out of me. i let out a laugh, and we just stayed there, enjoying the moment.

the hug ended once clay informed us that he was suffocating. we all sat down as i admired the ring, and the boys congratulated clay and boasted about how great the plan was.

it was absolutely beautiful. i had never mentioned what my dream ring was, but he got it pretty much perfect. it was a simple natural cut diamond, on a plain silver band. there was 2 smaller ones right next to it, and that was all. simple and perfect.

i still couldn't believe it had actually happened. i was going to spend the rest of my life with the man who i loved more than anything in the world.

finally leaving my little world, i glanced up at the boys. My eyes then readjusted down to the dog pile they had made, Clay on the top. He looked up at me with his classic grin, and I felt myself fall in love all over again.

"Save room for me!"