chapter eight

da dream team 😈🔥💯

- y/n was added -

dream- boys let us welcome our newest member... THE y/n
y/n- omg... dream come true
george- kissass
y/n- SHUT UP? i just said the word
sapnap- oh god are we gonna be 3rd and 4th wheeling george i don't like that
y/n- this is bullying
dream- ANYWAYS, i've got an idea for us all. i've been thinking about it for a while and because something came up, nows a good time to do it
george- alright, what's up?
y/n- WHAT IS THE GC NAME. THATS HORRIFIC.
sapnap- umm, mean? i worked hard on it :(
george- thats what i've been saying....
sapnap- GEORGE 💔
dream- can y'all shut up and listen. weve been talking about meeting up for a really long time and my rent is almost up. nick i know you wanna move too so what if we all got an apartment together? we could go to LA and get even bigger, start branching out if we wanted. us 3 have mentioned it before, we know it could work. we could split rent 4 ways if y/n agrees to come and that would open up so much more content opportunities. what do y'all think?

i let out a gasp. that was not at all what i was expecting. moving in with them? sure it'd be fun but that's a big change, am i ready for that?

"you alright y/n?"

i forgot i was still on call with clay. i cursed myself silently and answered him.

"yeah i'm ok, just was not expecting that..... it's kinda a crazy plan don't you think? i mean i barely know nick, and we've only become friends this past week."

"well you've got 2 weeks left, plus you know george well. it's not like you're moving in with complete strangers. it's like college roommates."

he did have a point, but it was still so crazy. there's no way it'd work.

"yeah maybe..." i said then looked back down at my phone.

sapnap- YES.
george- wait we have to talk abt the logistics first
sapnap- NO THINK JUST DO IT
george- well i still have to get a visa, someone has to go ahead of everyone else and actually find the apartment, the issue of moving all our stuff
dream- we've got 2 weeks, no problem. you focus on ur visa, i can go and find the apartment
sapnap- cmon george you know you want to
george- and you guys are serious about it?
dream- i am
sapnap- yes absolutely
george- alright why not
sapnap- YAYYY
dream- y/n? what do you think?

what do i think?

my brain is screaming at me to say no. it just doesn't make sense. there's too much trouble going into it, and so much risk. i'm only really close with george but it's been a while since we've talked. what if they got sick of me? they could easily kick me out and then i would be all alone in a much more expensive place, probably without a job. i don't exactly have a desire to be homeless. plus its so soon, i just met them all.

but my heart is saying yes. it feels like this could be more than just moving to LA, maybe a big opportunity. something is telling me my life will change for the better if i go. i'm never spontaneous, and this has potential to be so much fun. high risk, high reward right?

"y/n you don't have to come if you don't want to, i won't pressure you. i know it's soon and if you're not ready that's okay. i won't hold it against you" clay said to me softly. i forgot we were on call for the second time today, and i'm sure he saw me struggling.

"i... i just don't know. there's so much to consider i don't know if i'm ready to make such a big choice right now." i said sadly.

"i'll let you think about it alone, talk to you later" he said with a smile and left the call.

i closed my laptop and laid down on the couch, just listening to the rain outside. my mind was going miles a minute. this was all too much to process right now. i think i needed to go to sleep.

-

i was laying in bed scrolling through twitter mindlessly. i was getting tweet notifications from the boys but i couldn't bring myself to look at them. i had decided i wasn't going to join them in LA, i just needed to figure out how to say it. i was disappointed but deep down i knew it wouldn't work out.

i stumbled across a dream team edit on my timeline. i didn't feel like watching it but they were always so well done, so i did. as it approached the end i got suprised.

i was... in the edit?

sure it was just my character and my voice but.. i was included.

i thought back to earlier.

"dream- boys let us welcome our newest member... THE y/n"

the viewers considered me a member of the team? my heart melted. they all accepted me so fast, but i was just going to let them down instantly. the whole dream team together, except me. i couldn't do that to them.

a small tear rolled down my cheek as i liked the edit and started to shut off my phone. before i could, the notification i was waiting for popped up on my screen.

dream- so y/n... what's your choice?