chapter fifteen

~~ dreams pov ~~

as i quietly shut y/n's door, i was greeted with nick and george standing in front of me, massive grins on their faces.

"what? she was asleep..." i said awkwardly, ready for the mocking.

"when are you gonna make your move dude? she's totally into you, plus it would be easier on us if we didn't have to deal with the constant flirting." nick said to me as we all walked away from her door and sat back down in the living room.

"i cant, it's too soon. plus just because we sat on the same couch doesn't mean she's into me, don't get my hopes up." i said with a sigh.

"how stupid are you?! she blushes every time we say your name. i swear you wouldn't know an asteroid if it fell on you." nick started to speak up but george hushed him.

"not true, she just gets embarrassed easily. it's not just me." i didn't believe them. i know they wouldn't lie about this if it was serious, but i'm sure they just wanted to get a rise out of me.

"CLAY. i've known her longer than both of you, and i can tell you, she does NOT back down. there's a reason why she doesn't fight back when it's about you. we can test it tomorrow if you like." george finally spoke up, crossing his arms confidently.

maybe this will get them off my back..

"sure, i love proving y'all wrong." i said with a smile, and leaned back into the couch.

we changed topics and joked around before we started feeling tired. i said my good nights and headed into the room i shared with nick. george won the bet for the single room, but i didn't mind sharing with nick, he was good company.

as i laid down and started drifting off, i thought back to the first night. i didn't admit i had feelings for y/n until that night.

she was always so confident and joyful, but she openly shared another side of her that night. it made me happy that she trusted me that much, i could see it wasn't easy for her. i could still smell the cookies baking, and feel her head laying on my shoulder as we sat there as i drifted off to sleep.

-

i woke up the next morning with a loud beeping in my ears. i jolted up, rubbed my eyes and looked over to see nick in the same situation.

"what is that?" he asked and i shrugged my shoulders. we got up and peered out the door to see what had happened.

"nonononono oh god not the stupid food god ugh why won't it stop no oh.."

it was y/n, frantically jumping and swinging her arms, trying to stop the fire alarm from blaring.

we walked out to the kitchen and watched the catastrophe unfold. she had managed to press the button and stop the alarm, but the food was still burning.

"DONT JUST STAND THERE?!?" she said loudly and gestured at the doors. nick quickly walked over and slid them open in attempts to get the smoke out as she washed the burned food down the drain.

i sat down at the bar across the sink and started at her jokingly, hands pressed under my chin.

"so y/n.... whatcha doin!"

she looked up from the sink and glared at me. i had never seen anything like that from her, so i jumped back a little. it was very intimidating.

"sorry.."

she looked back down and finished scrubbing her pan. i watched as she placed it on the counter, fixed her hair and took a breath. she turned back around to face me, nick and now george. he had no doubt been woken up from the yelling.

"sorry about that, umm. i didn't know food burned so easily in california." she said, somewhat embarrassed.

george stifled a laugh and headed to the fridge.

"oh y/n what are we going to eat now? we should never have let it fall in such young, immature hands."

"george you cannot be talking. you tweet your ruined food all the time, its nasty. one burned pancake is incomparable. plus nick is way younger than me, sorry you're ancient."

my eyes widened at her response. she was not proving my point very well, it caught me so off guard.

george looked over at me and wiggled his eyebrows. i scoffed and shook my head, i wouldn't accept defeat that easily.

i guess y/n saw that exchange because she tilted her head towards me and raised an eyebrow.

"clay? is there something you'd like to say?"

"huh? oh no i'm good." i answered, a plan hatching in my brain.

"ANYWAYS, there are good pancakes on the counter, 3 for each. enjoy!" she said, and walked off to her room, purposely bumping into george's shoulder.

as soon as she left, george spoke up.

"gets embarrassed easily huh? seems like i was right." he said confidently as he put pancakes on his plate.

i didn't bother answering him, i was too busy writing my banger tweet.

@ dreamwastaken2: imagine burning food, couldn't be me. @ GeorgeNootFound @ y/u/n cant say the same smh

i sent the tweet and heard all the notifications pop up on their phones.

"you ALL have my notifs on? how sweet of you!" i said, loud enough for y/n to hear from her room.

"CLAY? NO FOOD FOR YOU!" i heard a scream in response and i laughed.

i stood up to grab a plate when i felt my phone buzzing with replies. i fixed my food and sat down, opening my phone once more.

@ y/u/n: the only reason you haven't burned anything is because you've never actually gotten to the cooking stage. call me when you've tried x
@ GeorgeNootFound: the only reason i'm included is bc u wanted an excuse to tweet at y/n smh
@ twsimpnap: i'm here too guys!

i ignored george and nicks replies, but i decided answer y/n's.

@ dreamwastaken2: hey @ GeorgeNootFound i won

i wasn't wrong, but i also couldn't come up with a comeback, so that was the next best bet.

@ y/u/n: UMMM?!? WON WHAT ?!?!!?!!:/)//-837/):8-):&
@ GeorgeNootFound : doesn't count, were tied at best.
- @ dreamwastaken2: fine, tied.
- @ y/u/n: ANSWER ME?? HELLO?
- @ twsimpnap: HEY! HEY IM HERE! GUYS HEY!

i laughed at me and george and finished my breakfast. i was washing my plate when y/n came storming out of her room.

"ARE YOU BETTING ON ME? WHAT IS ALL OF THIS?" she said loudly, pointing at me and george.

he laughed and came up next to her, leaning on the counter.

"oh it's nothing, don't you worry your highness" i teased her, and then realized what i had done.

she had blushed at the name i gave her, proving george's point. he glanced at me with an 'i told you so' look and i cursed myself.

maybe they were right, but that's still not enough to prove it. i'm not going to let my guard down that easily.

"i hate you all." y/n muttered and stormed away dramatically.

"no she doesn't..." george teased me as he also walked off.