A Traitor

3 years later...
3 years later and Chihiro and Haku finally got married and bonded. The two decided to move to his lake, which now inhabited many spirits, called the Kawamizus (川水) Whilst Chihiro worked at the bathhouse, Haku had focused on making his river the best it could be as well as taking in lonely spirits. By binding them with a drop of the river, they became Kawamizus.
Now, the two live in a castle-like house, where they will continue to do so and create study notes to send to Queen Seishin.

Chihiro opens her eyes weakly as she looks to her side and sees Haku. He looks so tired.
Giggling, Chihiro moves his hair out the way and whispers, "Haku~~~~...Kohaku~~~~ Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi! Wake up~~~!"
The spirit of their river mumbles slightly as he pulls Chihiro closer to cuddle. Giggling, Chihiro kisses his bare chest, "Haku...my love, wake up..."
Haku, half-awake, mumbles, "I was dreaming of you..."
Blushing, she says, "isn't being with the real me better?"
He nods, "true...it is," he buried his head in her shoulder, placing a kiss on it.
Chihiro smiles and stands, looking at herself in the mirror as she puts on her robe.
"Ehhh, my hair's gotten longer...I should cut it," she says as she reaches for some scissors. Her hair had grown at least down to her waist.
"But I think it looks pretty..." Haku whispers as he puts on his robe, comes up behind her and back hugs her.
Giggling for the a millionth time, Chihiro says, "Haku, aren't you clingy today!"
"I love you too much my,uh,queen..."
Chihiro bursts into laughter and Haku pouts as Chihiro repeats, "queen? QUEEN?! Haku, you've known me long enough to know I do NOT suit the title of queen. If anything I'm a Wild Child, a crazy, wild, nature loving freak!"
Haku pouts, "you're my queen..."
Smiling, Chihiro sits besides him on the bed and kisses him, "you're so sweet Haku...I'm sorry sweetie...I'm just teasing."
Looking up, he grins and his eyes sparkle, "I know! I just wanted to get another kiss out of you."
Smirking, Chihiro whispers, "you little devil...I'll give you what you want..."
At that moment, she rakes her hand through his hair and kisses him softly as she sits on his lap. He smiles as he embraces her. He lifts her and places her on the vanity table so that she has the higher ground.
Just then, there's a knock at the door.
"Master Haku, Madame Chihiro, there's an emergency!"
"What?! Hold on!"
The two change into basic clothing and head outside to see a spirit covered in it's own blood. Gasping, Haku runs forward to examine it. Using his magic, he heals the spirit.
"What happened?" Haku exclaims.
"Ummm...well...we don't know. We came here after night and found Shimizu like this Master..."
The spirit that was passed out was Shimizu, Chihiro's assistant and good friend.
"Shimizu, wake up!" Chihiro exclaims worryingly.
A few murmurs and dizzy spells later and Shimizu wakes up.
"Shimizu!"
"M-Madame Chihiro..."
"What happened?"
Gasping, Shimizu stands and scans the room.
"Where's Mimion?"
"Mimion? I think he had some business to attend to. Why?"
".........."
Haku and Chihiro share glances and Haku exclaims, "everyone. Please stay here. Keep the doors closed. Do not let anyone IN or OUT."

"...so you're saying Mimion attacked you because he is now leading a team of the water spirits to get to Chihiro and kill her because they don't like the fact that they have to take orders from a human-turned-spirit."
Chihiro hums as she sits on the bed. Haku sighs and thinks.
"I don't know what to believe as this is a very serious allegation however for now I will go with your story and go find Mimion. Perhaps he's hiding in his house..."
Chihiro nods as Haku storms out via their balcony window.
Then she hears him yell, "IF I FIND OUT THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO HURT MY CHIHIRO THEN I'M NOT GOING TO GO EASY ON THEM."
Chihiro blushes as Shimizu smiles knowingly.
"Shimizu, are you ok?"
Nodding, she says, "thanks to you and Master Haku..."
"So ummm what happened?"
" I-I-I was coming in for work, just like I do normally around 5-6am? M-Mimion and I sometimes work together to get the kitchen working and then I-I come to assist you with studies, right? Well today, when I arrived, I saw that M-M-Mimion had a knife on him in the lobby. So I confronted him. He told me his plan as he p-pinned me down. And h-h-how I was stage one of the plan... he was going to either get me involved with the plan or get rid of me and because I refused, he s-stabbed me. Stage 2 was that he was going to create a distraction with others involved in the plan. This would send Master H-Haku away from you and then Stage 3 was that he'd k-k-kill you...."
Chihiro sighs. Then she realises. They're alone right now. Haku isn't here...
Chihiro looks at Shimizu, who, confused, asks, "what's wrong Chihiro?"
"We're alone right now..."
"......Madame...what do we do?..." Shimizu nervously says.
Chihiro takes a deep breath, "I will try and protect us. My magic isn't as strong as Haku's but it isn't exactly weak either."
Just then Chihiro feels a knife deepen in her.
"W-what..."
Shimizu gasps as the spirit reveals itself.
"Well Madame, I guess this is the end," it smiles.
"Zumi?!" Shimizu asks, shocked. Chihiro takes deep breaths as she tries to elbow Zumi.
"Oh Madame, please stay calm...you don't want to die so quickly on the day after your wedding do you? Let's take it slow...I'm sure Master Haku is still held u-"
CRASH! In comes flying Haku.
Haku!
"YOU! YOU'RE SO DEAD! YOU DARE STAB MY WIFE?! SAY YOUR LAST WORDS!" Haku growls.
Chihiro watches him, struggling to manage the wound, "Shi....mi-zu..."
"SHIMIZU TEND TO CHIHIRO'S WOUNDS!"
"R-right!"
Shimizu runs over to Chihiro and puts pressure on the wound.
"M-Master Haku..."
"Your last words are Master Haku. Are you sure you don't have anything else to say?"
"I'm-M-Master Haku, you see..."
"ENOUGH. Chihiro, look away."
Chihiro closes her eyes.
She heard Haku kill the spirit and he cleans up the mess quickly.
"I'm sorry Chihiro. It was the only way..."
Haku proceeds to heal Chihiro, who after exclaims, "Haku! I was so scared!"
She cries and he pats her back, "careful you don't cry too much. You're still going to feel the pain."
Sniffing, Chihiro nods.
"I have a list of the spirits that are betrayers. I'll go get rid of them..."
She nods sadly. She didn't like the fact that they had to die but spirits aren't humans. If they stay alive then they can use their powers to cause more pain. That is why there are no jails, prisons or anything else of the sort.
Shimizu apologised to Chihiro, "I'm sorry Madame Chihiro. I should have acted better."
"It's ok Shimizu. Let's just...go get breakfast, hmmm?"
Nodding, the two head to the kitchen and grab breakfast.
"Thanks Yumi!"
"No problem! Madame Chihiro, Shimizu, how are you feeling?"
"Better!"
"Master Haku healed us so we feel a lot better!"
"Good! Now eat up!"