Chapter II - Waiver St.

Waiver Street, Lomere.
I'll tell ya, the streets aren't good. You live by the gun you die by the gun. You live an addict you die an addict. The choice is up to you. Waste life by taking it for granted? Or change your life and make the time last?

Waiver Street. The street filled with "tough guys" they call it. You'd be lucky to not hear gunshots before going to bed. Streets aren't the place to be especially at a young age. Everyone who lives in Waiver wants to move but they are to broke to move out the jobs around Lomere don't pay good. Mothers trying to put food on the table, fathers trying to protect their loved ones, etc.

CHAPTER II - Waiver Street.

Markus drove Dale to his apartment.

"Ay, you think you should be driving man?" Dale said to Markus in the passenger seat.

"Man, why you gotta be so uptight? I'm driving yo ass home." Markus said.

"Shiii, what was we even doin' at a damn strip club anyway?" Dale said.

"Trynna get some chicks but you wanted to flake out homie." Markus said grinning at Dale.

"I gotta get my shit together man, I can't live like this." Dale said to Markus.

"What you mean? This our home dawg, we live here. We grew up here! And you trynna get out and change yo life?" Markus said sounding surprised.

"You mean you wanna live in a neighborhood that jus treats everyone like shit? You wanna live in that?" Dale said.

"Naw, I get treated like a king homie. All the girls want me and I made some loyal ass homies here." Markus said to Dale.

"You get treated like a king? Mann, I call bullshit." Dale said chuckling.

"Ay, that's why Lordean wanted me and asked me for my number! You can't even get bitches on yo dick." Markus said.

"Man, Lordean was dared to say that to you to get some money." Dale said laughing at Markus's shocked look on his face.

"You fuckin wit me right?" Markus said to Dale concerned but grinning trying to hold back his laughter.

"Nah." Dale said.

Markus just shook his head in disbelief and laughed.

Around 10 minutes later, Markus dropped Dale off at his apartment.

"Ay, hit me up tomorrow." Markus told Dale as he drove away before Dale could say anything.

Dale walked into the apartment and saw Melissa on the couch on her phone.

Dale went to his room and sat down on his bed just trying to think on how he could get out of Waiver, or get out of the hood in general and fix his life and get clean. He knew Markus wouldn't wanna get out but that was his way of offering if Markus wanted to go with him. He hated his life. He had a girlfriend who doesn't do anything besides eat, an addict, and desperately trying to get out of the hood. He's sick of it, he doesn't know anyone that can help him get out.

Maybe I could ask my friends for some money? Nah.

Or how about trynna beg for some money on the street? Nah.

Man, the fuck am I gonna do? I'll probably just die here man. If I do, I'll die with the people I least cared about besides Markus. Why the fuck does Markus wanna stay? This place feels like a hell.

I don't get it anymore. I never did.

Dale then heard a knock on his door and he jumped up and answered it. It was Melissa.