I forgot that my friends never saw me flirt

"Is Jeremy flirting to a guy in his bed? What a milestone." "Fuck off care, I'm not interested in your bullshit right now." "We've NEVER seen you flirt before." " You've never seen me flirt before Bon's is because I don't fucking like them. If I like someone I'll flirt with them. I don't give a shit about people in general. I'm apathetic towards almost everyone and I say almost because right now all I care about is the people in this room and that's it. So pop a squat, lay down somewhere and take a nap because I would like to not be disturbed every few hours."

They all did as I said though they were calling me grumpy and being sassy. I didn't care because I was at the brink of sleep again. I was extremely comfortable and warm and content. The people in this room are my family and they are all that matters. No blood is thicker than water bullshit. It is we that stick by each other and no one else can say that.
Three or four hours later they left enzo let me know that he'll be back and to leave the window unlocked.

*********WARNING NAME CALLING AND SLIGHT ABUSE IS MENTIONED**************

When everyone left my mother came in and started to whisper yell about how I have to be straight and can't be gay and certainly can't be both. But I let her know that she fakes how perfect she is and how she didn't even take care of me or cared for my well being why in the hell would I listen to a croan who only says Elena Elena Elena every five flippin seconds.  She called me a fag, good for nothing helion, scum  and that I should have been aborted or that I should have been a girl. She slapped me after that though I wasn't surprised. She had hit me before and I wasn't surprised back then either. I knew she never loved me the way that she was supposed to. I guess she's obsessed with having girls.

*******************************IT OVER PEOPLE*************************************

She left me alone after that. I could hear my dad yell at my mom about how she was supposed to be going to therapy and why haven't she been taking her medication.  Yes that's right she be on drugs prescribed. It's fascinating how I can hear everything that's being said. You know my apathetic nature is probably a mechanism so I don't get hurt every second of every day. I think my friends know that and they are okay with it. It's hilarious how I can't love someone of my gender but I have to be a girl. I'm happy with my body and I get to decide what I change and no one else.

Enzo came in and I was zoned out so I didn't acknowledge him. He zoomed in front of me and took my face gently in his hands looking at the red handprint that was on my right cheek while my door quietly opened with a confused/upset Elena. Neither of us acknowledged her he asked me softly "Did she slap you? Because of me?" I whispered back though Elena still heard "she slapped me because I'm never worthy, never good enough,  not the right gender, not the right attraction towards another, didn't look right, didn't act perfect. She's never loved me. Never showed it and never said it. She never took care of me the way she took care of Elena. She always said to me 'be more like Elena, be perfect.' She pretended that I was gone, not there, never existed and it was always 'Elena this, Elena that. Elena needs the money you worked hard for, Elena needs your part of allowance because she's better than you, elena can take the things that you bought/earned because she wants it.'" My eye subconsciously teared up "it was always about Elena, if she gets in trouble it's Jeremy's fault, if she gets hurt Jeremy you should have done something before she got hurt or Jeremy you should have been the one hurt instead. 'If she gets almost killed you have to give your life for her' that is exactly what she said to me when I was 4. Why do I have to be the one that dies? Why is it that I have to sacrifice everything?"

I broke. I had kept that stirring inside me for a long time but never spoke of it. Yes I know I said I'm apathetic and I am I just needed to speak about the problems of this woman. It's just subconsciously you still get hurt one way or another. Those were also good questions to ask. I cuddled him curling into him like a koala and hiding from the world in his neck. He didn't say anything but held me and rubbed my back. Elena was still there silent tears running down her face but I ignored her I am not in the mood to deal with anymore people. I eventually fell asleep and this is where a conversation is held of which I would ever know of.

enzo picked him up gently facing Elena "I know you've been here this whole time.  What do you want. " It wasn't a question it was a pissed off command that somewhat told Elena that if she didn't answer he'd do something that would be permanent on her. "I wanted to apologize for telling/bringing our mother into his personal life. I didn't know she'd act that way." Enzo scoffed giving her a glare. "He did. Did you not notice that your whole relationshipbetween your mother and his is totally different. He didn't look surprised when she had hit him so I'm guessing that she's being abusive and she's using you as a tactic. "

Elena's heart broke with realization that that's why he didn't care or loved her because of their mother and her own actions. She was the cause and the bullet with her mom pulling the trigger. She had nodded then closed the door quietly, heading towards her father's office. "Dad?" She said stepping in. "What's wrong sweetheart? " seeing her tear streaks "mom's abusive towards jer and I think I need to go to a therapist. "

While she was talking to her dad, enzo tucked both of them under the covers going to sleep and her mom who was on the couch stared at her hands thinking. This is where the actual story starts for Elena tries to make a change, to make herself better and that ladies and gentlemen is a great start to become better than what you were/are and the story of her life will change.