7 💕

After math class, Drew invited me to go and attend band practice with him. 

"Hey everyone!" he called out confidently when we got to the music room. 

"Hey Drew," Wesley replied, with a kind smile on his face. 

It looked as though Wesley was setting up the amplifier for the electric guitar, while Drew went to set up his own guitar. 

In the meantime, Heather waved to me as she began to set up her microphone. 

Once that was done and they were all set up, they began to practice one of their songs. 

As soon as Heather started singing, I found myself completely drawn in by how harmonious her voice was. I knew  that she sounded incredibly pleasant when she was speaking, but when she was singing her voice was on a different spectrum of magnificence. 

As she sang, Heather's eyes met my own and they were filled with such a warmth and passion for the words she sang that I felt my heart skip a beat. 

Several more minutes passed by before the song reached its conclusion and Heather stepped down from the stage. 

"Hey Zoe," she greeted me. 

"Hi Heather," I replied, "You were actually really awesome," I said. 

"Thank you. That's a new song that I wrote," Heather informed me. 

I felt my eyes widen a fraction at that. 

"You wrote that?" I asked her. 

"Of course I did! I told you that I wrote songs before, didn't I?" she asked, as the corner of her lips twitched upward slightly. 

Drew walked over to the two of us with a grin upon his face. 

"She was amazing, right? The song was so perfect, too. You should definitely perform it at our show next week," he said. 

Of course, I couldn't forget that each year on the first week of October, there was a concert held in the main hall of the school and various bands from the school performed there. 

Drew's was one of the most popular now, given that he had been a student at the school for so long. 

"It'll be great for the slow dance," Drew said, as his eyes seemed to sparkle again. 

There he went again, being all romantic with his thoughts of Heather. 

"Thank you, Drew. That really does mean a lot," Heather said, as a smile made its way onto her face. Heather moved a hand through her blonde hair, so she could neatly tuck some of it behind her ear. The action was so small but it was mesmerizing, all the same. It was no wonder Drew liked her. 

"Hey, it looks like it's a sunny day outside. Should we go spend some time there before our next class?" Wesley suggested. 

Drew turned to him and nodded his head in agreement. 

"Yeah! That sounds good," Heather said. 

The four of us made our way out of the music room and out into the light of day. It had been colder this morning and now I felt entirely too hot. It could have been that part of the reason behind that was nerves, though. I wasn't sure why I would ever be nervous around Heather. It was just Heather. Maybe that was where I started to have a problem. 

Either way, I pulled myself away from my thoughts momentarily, as I walked with the others across the school grounds, until we reached a shaded area beneath some oak trees nearby. 

Wesley and Drew began to talk about band practice, while Heather came to sit down beside me. 

"I feel as though I'm going to melt," Heather said. 

Drew released a chuckle, as he looked in her direction. 

"Stop being so dramatic, Heather," he said. 

Heather's eyebrows creased together slightly, but rather than making her look angry, she just ended up looking cute. 

"I'm not being dramatic," Heather said. 

I released a soft laugh then, which caused Heather to look towards me. A warmth became apparent in her eyes, then. 

"I think I'm going to do some studying," Heather said, as she unzipped her backpack and began to flick through the pages of a book she had been reading for literature- The Scarlet Letter. 

I remained quiet as she read. Heather seemed to be so naturally beautiful that even when she did ordinary tasks like reading, she looked perfect. 

I turned my attention to Drew again to observe that he was now resting against the grass again. 

The sun was fortunately still shining above us and I decided to close my eyes as I sunbathed under it for some time. I knew I was going to have to be careful because while it was September, I had always had quite fair skin. 

Eventually, my eyes fluttered open again because Heather spoke to me. 

"Hey, Zoe," she said. 

I sat up and turned to her. 

"Yeah?" I said. 

"How are you doing?" she questioned. 

I had to think on that for a moment because although I had been pretty deep in my thoughts lately, I felt good for the first time in a long while. 

"I'm okay," I decided to say, "How are you?" I asked her.

Her eyes brightened after I had asked her that, so I took that to be a positive thing.

"I'm happy. I've wanted to be in a band ever since I was a little girl. It's amazing that I'm finally getting the chance to do that," she told me, as her expression seemed to light up a little. "Even if it is only a school band, it's still incredibly important to me," she told me.

I could imagine that it was. It was always marvellous to be able to get what you wanted. I doubted that Heather had much of a problem with that, though. She had pretty privilege and she was talented on top of that. I knew I wasn't the only girl in school who was envious of her.

However, she was a sweet person which led me to believe that maybe one day the two of us could be friends.