15 💕

I really hoped that I hadn't upset Heather too much. That had never been my intention. I had been curious and that curiosity had got the better of me.

Fortunately, my sickness had passed so I knew that I was going to be able to see her again soon. However, before that could happen, our school had a few days of holiday.

Each year, Drew and I tended to spend our days of holiday together. It was just what we did. The two of us had made plans a while ago to visit all of a North America when we could. I wasn't sure how possible that was going to be but it had always been nice to dream about. I knew rhat i had always wanted to go wherever he went. The only thing with that was the fact that I knew he was soon going to be heading to a college miles away from  Florida and I would hardly see him.

Well, perhaps that was a little dramatic. I knew that I would still be able to catch up with him on calls but it wasn't the same thing at all.

I guessed that I had always had this fear that Drew would head off to college and the two of us would barely speak to each other anymore. Drew was such a confident guy. I already knew for sure that he was going to make plenty of new friends and I would have to deal with my jealousy over them, too.

I think it was in that moment that I realised I couldn't just simply let him leave forever. I needed to come y with a game plan. I was going to apply to the same university him and Harvard, too. Riley kept bugging me bout that one but I had to hand it to him  He seemed to be one of the o my people that truly believed in me.

I had liked to think that Heather had been one of those people at some point, too. She hasn't spoken to me since her visit, though, which sucked. I actually did miss her.  I hadn't been expecting to miss her but I had.

Maybe I had been too quick to believe that the two of us could be friends and go and walk over rainbows together. Life was never that simple. Drew was always going to like her and the mere notion of that was always going to hurt my heart. However, it was just something else that I knew I needed to deal with.

I decided to get myself out of bed because I knew that I couldn't spend the whole day thinking over the Heather situation.

I decided that I would call up Drew so the two of us could spend some time together. I hated having conflict with anyone but it was very rare that Drew and I ever fought. I thought about telling him about the Heather situation but I knew that he liked her. I hoped that I hadn't ruined anything by telling Heather that fact.

I doubted it. I thought that Heather could be a fairly understanding person but then she had walked away so quickly after our last conversation that I was beginning to have second thoughts on that.

Either way, I pulled myself out of my thoughts for long enough to give Drew a quick call.

He soon answered the phone and the voice that I knew and loved so well spoke.

"Hello, Zoe. Are you okay?" he asked me.

"I'm better. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out," I told him. 

"What a coincidence. I was just wondering that myself. I'll be at yours in about fifteen minutes," he told me.

Soon after that, I walked into the bathroom so I could begin to get ready for the day.

I knew that it was going to be a chilly day simply from observing the trees swaying from side to side with the force of the wind and so I made sure to dress in my red sweater and jeans before making my way downstairs to swiftly put my shoes on.

Moments later, I made my way out of the house and towards Drew's car.

I sat down in the passenger seat and Drew grinned back at me.

"Hey, Zoe! It's good to see you're still alive," he told me.

I chuckled at his words.

"Likewise, Archer. So, where are we going?" I asked him.

"Only the best hangout spot," he said.

"So, the park?" I asked him.

Drew simply smirked at that.

"No. I thought the two of us could go and watch a movie. That way we don't have to stay out in this horrible cold," he told me, as he adjusted the heating inside his car.

I was rather thankful for that because even though I had a coat with me, I still found it incredibly chilly. The air felt bitter.

Drew drove on after I gave a nod in agreement to his suggestion that we go to the cinema.

"This is going to be so much fun! There's a new rom-com out that the two of us could watch," he said.

Drew was one of the only guys that I knew who would willingly watch romance comedies with me and enjoy them. I supposed that was one of the elements of our great friendship. I couldn't help but feel, though, that he would have rather Heather had come along with him.

As Drew pulled up outside the cinema, he turned back to me and concern flickered in his eyes momentarily.

"What is it? What's wrong?" he asked me.

"Nothing is wrong," I said.

"Tell me what's wrong," he told me.

"I just...wouldn't you have rather brought Heather with you?" I asked him.

Drew's eyebrows furrowed then.

"Are you kidding me, Pine? I asked you because I wanted to hang out with you. You're my best friend, Zoe," he said.

I nodded in understanding. I guessed that this jealousy hadn't gone away as much as I thought that it had.