Chapter 2

Katherine Malfoy had tears in her eyes as she looked at the three kids in front of her, all ready to get on the train and go to Hogwarts.

"My little baby," she hugged her only daughter tightly. "I'm going to miss you so much."

"Yeah, me too," she replied, but her voice was lacking emotion.

"Take care of yourself, go to Arvin if anything is wrong. Remember to write letters."

"Okay..."

"Also, remember that it doesn't matter which house you get sorted into, we will love you and be proud of you no matter what."

When her mother said 'we', she immediately glanced at her father, who was busy with saying goodbye to Mason.

"Yes, I know," she turned her attention back to her mother.

"Good, good... Are you sure you packed everything?" Katherine asked.

"I'm sure," she nodded, resisting the urge to roll her eyes.

"Don't you worry, we'll be fine," Arvin smiled at their mother reassuringly.

"How can you ask me not to worry?" She asked back. "I'm your mother, it's my job to worry about you. Who will, if not me?"

Well, certainly not Dad...

"Oh, look!" Katherine broke out in a grin, gesturing behind them, making the two siblings turn around.

As the girl noticed the two familiar kids walking towards them with their families, she got mixed feelings about them.

On her left side, she saw the closest thing she had to a best friend in the name of Daisy Adams. Their parents were friends with each other, so they were kind of forced to become friends as well, but it worked out in a way. The two girls were quite different, yet they still got along somehow.

Daisy increased her speed, her long black hair flowing behind her as she rushed to engulf the girl in a big hug.

"Hello, Daisy," she offered her a light smile.

"I missed you," her friend pouted, looking at her with those huge brown eyes of hers.

"Well, I'm here now."

"Duh, I know."

The girl smiled at her friend, then she turned her head to look at the other kid who was now standing next to her twin brother.

Zane Zabini. He spent a lot of time at their mansion, but she barely knew him, since he was always hanging out with Mason. He didn't seem like a bad guy, but she didn't want anything to do with her brother's best friend, just like she preferred him to stay away from hers as well. They both had their own friends, there was no need for them to interact with the other one's circle, and it was certainly more peaceful that way.

The dark skinned boy suddenly glanced at her, which resulted in the girl narrowing her eyes at him, then turning back to her friend.

"I'm so excited," Daisy broke out in a wide smile. "I can't wait for us to get there."

"Same," the brunette said, letting out a sigh.

After a few more minutes it was time for the kids to say their last goodbyes and get on the train.

Arvin got in a compartment with his friends and Mason disappeared with Zane, so the two girls were left alone.

"I can't believe it's finally happening," Daisy said with her eyes sparkling.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool..."

They fell into a comfortable silence, then suddenly someone opened the door to their compartment.

"Sorry, am I late to the party?"

Daisy giggled at the boy with dark red hair. "Did you get lost, Jace?"

"No, just –"

"You're late, just like always," the brunette rolled her eyes with a light smile. "We're not surprised, Jason."

"Please," the boy sighed as he took a seat next to Daisy. "How many times have I asked you to call me Jace?"

"I don't know, I've lost count after fifty."

"Why won't you do it, then?" He whined.

"Your name is Jason, not Jace."

"So? It's called a nickname, ever heard of it?"

"Yes, I'm just not a fan."

"Fine, suit yourself," he gave up, leaning back in his seat.

"So..." Daisy turned to the boy with a smile. "Are you excited about finally going to Hogwarts?"

"Are you kidding me?" He groaned. "Why would I be excited? It's school."

"B-but... it's not just a school... it's a magical one..."

"Do you know what the real magic is?" Jason crossed his arms. "The internet. My video games. Food delivery. Will I have those at Hogwarts? No. I can't wait to go back home."

"But we haven't even arrived yet," Daisy pouted.

"Exactly," he nodded.

"You sound pretty ungrateful, Bennett. Dou you have any idea how many kids would be happy to take your place?"

"Well, I didn't ask to be a wizard, Malfoy. I would be happy to switch with one of those kids, but I can't really do that, can I?"

"I'm sure you will learn to love it," Daisy spoke up again.

"Maybe," he shrugged. "Perhaps I'll try to join my house's Quidditch team when the time comes, that could be fun."

"Oh, I support this idea completely! Quidditch would suit you," Daisy grinned.

"Just try not to fall to your death the first time you get on a broom," the brunette smirked.

"Thanks, I'll try to keep that in mind," Jason scoffed.

With the corners of her mouth turning upwards, the girl turned her head to look out the window, hoping that they would arrive soon.

A/N:

Just to be clear:

Daisy Adams – Pansy & Tony

Zane Zabini Blaise & Unknown

Jason Bennett – Annie & Chase