Chapter 1

Emma groaned. Her head felt dizzy. Her body felt hurt like she was run over by a truck. She mumbled a curse. Slowly, she opened her eyes. The light shone blindingly. She blinked her eyes until she could see the surroundings. The ceiling was white. She could smell disinfectant.

' Where is this? is this at the hospital? What happened?' Feeling confused, she tried to get up. 

Suddenly, the door opened. A man wearing  a black suit walked inside. He looked like a bodyguard. When he looked at Emma, he quickened his steps then pressed the button calling the nurse. Not long after, Emma could hear some footsteps approaching. A nurse came inside. 

" She is awake." The bodyguard said. the nurse nodded her head then she called the doctor. Soon after that, the doctor came.

" Hello, Miss Clarke. I'm Dr. Jameson. How do you feel?" A man with white coat came. He smiled kindly. 

" I feel like I was shot in the head. dizzy and nauseous. I feel pain in my right foot. What happened to me?"

" Do you remember what you did last time?"

" I cleaned up my apartment then I went to the nearest market to buy groceries."

" Do you remember what day?"

" It's Saturday."

Dr. Jameson frowned. He said, " You had an accident last Wednesday, Miss Clarke. You hit your head and had a coma for a week. And you sprained your right foot. Now, let me check you again."

Emma nodded. She let Dr. Jameson and the nurse check her up. He talked to the bodyguard and asked him to follow him out.

" How is she?" The bodyguard asked. 

" Her healing process is good. However, she has amnesia. I want her to stay longer here for observation." 

" Yes. I will inform my boss about this. Thank you, doc." 

Dr. Jameson nodded his head then walked away. 

**********

Emma looked at the mirror in the bathroom. She combed her wavy brown hair with her fingers. Her eyes were big and green. She looked skinny and pale. She looked around 25 years old. It's been a week since she woke up. It has been a week since she came to this world. When she looked at herself in the mirror for the first time, it was a stranger who looked back at her.

This world was a novel called 'The Billionaire's Contract Wife'. Emma Clarke was personal assistant of the Male Lead, Connor Miller, CEO of Miller Inc. Miller Inc. was New York's largest real estate company. Emma Clarke was a timid and shy woman. However, she was trusted by Connor Miller because she was competent and honest. Originally, Emma who likes Connor died because of this accident. Instead, she lived in Emma's body and made a glitch in the novel.

Emma sighed. She remembered, her best friend recommended this novel because the male lead reminded her of his ex-boyfriend and the male lead assistant had the same name as her. When she read the novel in a taxi, the taxi she was in had an accident. In the real world, she might already be dead.

Then, she tried to remember how far the current novel plot was going on. Before the accident, Connor Miller and Adeline Davis, the female lead, had just signed the contract and were married two weeks ago. Blake Hutton, Adeline's scum ex-boyfriend, did not accept the fact that Adeline was married to someone else. He was a possessive whose thought ‘I can cheat but you can” kind of person. He tried to crash his car in the direction of Connor Miller in the parking area. At that time, Emma was waiting for Connor beside the open car door. When Connor crossed the road and was going to get into the car, the car that was driven by Blake drove fast and tried to crash into Connor. Emma, ​​seeing the dangerous situation, pushed Connor away. Blake’s car hit Emma. Emma  collided and bounced to the side. Blake’s car kept going leaving Connor who was sitting on the floor transfixed.